The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 15, 2018, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

New MSHSL(Minnesota) shirts

Starting with this weeks MSHSL Girls tourney officials are longer wearing stripes.

Old Thu Mar 15, 2018, 04:17pm
Get away from me, Steve.

One of the better efforts, IMO.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2018, 04:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

I like them better than the "football stripe" shirts, but I would still pass. I honestly hope the IHSA leaves our shirts alone.

Peace
Old Thu Mar 15, 2018, 04:25pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I like them better than the "football stripe" shirts, but I would still pass. I honestly hope the IHSA leaves our shirts alone.

Peace
I can already imagine all the MN officials complaining cause they have to buy new shirts. Most of those complaining will have not bought a new shirt in a decade.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2018, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

Amusing to note that the official scorer in the background is wearing stripes!
Old Thu Mar 15, 2018, 04:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I can already imagine all the MN officials complaining cause they have to buy new shirts. Most of those complaining will have not bought a new shirt in a decade.
Or they could be like me, they bought a bunch of shirts years ago and has not had to buy a shirt in years because I take care of them. I probably have like 10 active shirts that I can use just for high school alone. I used two of them this year to put a patch on them for another state.

I would be with them if I had to buy brand new shirts for the coming year. I remember when I bought those gray shirts for that short time and then we hardly wore them. Waste of money.

Peace
Old Thu Mar 15, 2018, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

Ohio likes to change our uniforms every 2-3 years. I think this is year two? I think of the sublimated shirts so we probably due for a new shirts soon.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2018, 06:23pm
TODO: creative title here

I'm annoyed by them mainly because I bought two new shirts in December... I could've waited till next season for new shirts, but I figured I might as well get them as a 2017 tax deduction.

Then, about 3 weeks later, I find out about the new shirts. State Tourney officials this year get theirs for free... the rest of us have to buy them next year. They'll be "optional", but I'm guessing we'll end up wearing the new ones 90% of the time. They become mandatory in 2020-2021.

Plus, my plan to 'recycle' my old shirts by having my mom make them into child-sized ones for my son... I can still do that, but we won't match anymore.

I'm also worried that we'll only have one supplier... some suppliers shirts fit me better than others.

(Also, I'm proud to say that two of the three officials in that picture are from my association, and I've worked with both of them).
Old Thu Mar 15, 2018, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
Ohio likes to change our uniforms every 2-3 years. I think this is year two? I think of the sublimated shirts so we probably due for a new shirts soon.
That is just silly. In my 25 years, we've had 2 shirts. The first was the byron collar. That was replaced with the standard V-neck.

To change more than every 10-15 years is just padding someones pocketbook.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Thu Mar 15, 2018 at 11:53pm.
Old Thu Mar 15, 2018, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
That is just silly. In my 25 years, we've had 2 shirts. The first was the byron collar. That was replaced with the standard V-neck.

To change once more than every 10-15 years is just padding someones pocketbook.
Least we havent had to change pants...yet.

Actually I think the pre-game jacket change will probably be coming next now that I think of it. Its been even longer since that was changed. Wouldnt really mind a change of shirts again as the new ones have the US Flag on them, that privilege was always reserved for those that were in the services.

Softball was worse. Of course playing the sports, for a while, you were lucky to buy a bat in baseball that would last 2 years before the rules changed.
Old Fri Mar 16, 2018, 04:12am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I like it and think it's a good look.

We've only had two different shirts and jackets in my decade plus of officiating. I buy a new shirt every few years and rotate the old ones out.

But, I can certainly appreciate how restocking and rotating out an entire set can be much, if done too often.
Old Fri Mar 16, 2018, 05:56am
Esteemed Forum Member

Little Corner Of Connecticut ...

Thirty-seven years. One shirt style change (IAABO gray, to stripes). Four mandatory jacket changes (local windbreaker, to local IAABO (trademark issues), to "shiny disco" local, to regular local (not counting original gray and blue IAABO which was optional)).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Mar 16, 2018, 06:09am
Official Forum Member

We seem to have to change shirt styles every couple years as well. It's a PITA and not cheap. We went from normal stripes to the grey, and people didn't like the grey because they looked like crap on fat people (but what shirts don't) and sweat shows through pretty badly. This season they went back to stripes, but not just basic stripes - we had to have the side panel shirts, which meant all my old shirts were useless. Again. And rather than re-patch all new shirts I got the dye sublimated shirts at $40 a pop. They are nice, and granted I would have had to buy all new shirts anyway because I lost a bunch of weight since the previous season, but changing shirt styles is an enormous waste of money, and I have to agree with Camron - someone is benefiting from it.

I don't like the shirts in the OP. The female looks awful in that shirt. If you're not in really great shape, you will look like crap in that shirt. But again, anyone not in great shape looks pretty bad in referee clothing.
Old Fri Mar 16, 2018, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

I LOVE the grey and grey and black looks.

VA changed several years ago to a horrid wide stripe shirt. I can only hope they go grey or at least back to regular stripes. Don't see it happening anytime soon though.

Maybe they will pleasantly surprise me like NFHS did with 2 hand reporting.
Old Fri Mar 16, 2018, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

"The female looks awful in that shirt."

Possibly, the shirts are not cut for women's physiques.