The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 01:39pm
Do not give a damn!!

NCAA Tournament Video Requests

This is another year of the tournament. I just wanted to make a few things clear as it relates to the tournament.

First of all, subscribe to my page "Officiating Born" on YouTube. This is the page where all the videos that are requested here come from.

Secondly, I will be out of town on Thursday through Sunday morning. I will not be able to immediately get all the video in a timely manner. So please bear with me on the requests this weekend. Next weekend I will likely be available much more.

Thirdly, if you make a request, be very specific. If you do not give the game the teams are playing, the time or near time, the situation that you want to be reviewed, I cannot find the play. I will not see many of these games from Thursday through Saturday, so I have no idea what you could be referring to or what was special about the play. I will do my best to find them, but any specifics help.

For example, Michigan vs. North Carolina, at 3:15 in the first half, Michigan player gets is called for a foul that looks like it was flagrant but was not called.

This kind of thing would be helpful. Do not assume I know what you are asking for or if I saw the game.

Finally, the CBS has come down hard on my page about some of the videos. The more popular situations or more controversial ones they have taken down the videos. I will try my best to post those situations if need be at a later date. This is a delicate balance because most situations they do not care about. But when it is a situation they posted in their highlights, they tend to get a little more worried about this and have YouTube bring them down. I do not want to lose the page but that is something I have to consider. So you should understand if these situations can be found on their NCAA page, that might be the best place to show them here. But the travel that was not called in the 14:58 mark usually is not what they care about. They tend to care when a Center calls an out of bounds on the end line and it probably was the call that helped decide the game.

Happy tournament to everyone. If you have any questions let me know. But I want to inform you of the challenges that come about with making the videos.

I am also not at this time doing NIT or other tournament games. Maybe later but not now. So this right now is only about the NCAA tournament.

Thanks for your time.

Peace
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks!

We appreciate all of the posting of videos you do for us man.
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Thanks for your time.
No...thank YOU! I can't imagine how much time it takes for you to do this!
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
But the travel that was not called in the 14:58 mark usually is not what they care about. They tend to care when a Center calls an out of bounds on the end line and it probably was the call that helped decide the game.

Be nice to Doug. He only makes that mistake once every 27 tournaments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

I too thank you for all your work to make this forum a great place to learn.
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Thank you Jeff!
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 04:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Be nice to Doug. He only makes that mistake once every 27 tournaments.
Very good official and I would not suggest he is a bad guy because of it. We all learn something during our games. I am sure he learned that he cannot make that call again (as many of us did by watching).

Peace
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 04:59pm
Ok is the new good

Jeff thanks for taking this on and for all your hard work. It makes all of us better!
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

As for the CBS issue, is there a way to make your channel unlisted such that they would not have as easy of a time finding it?
Old Wed Mar 14, 2018, 09:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Very good official and I would not suggest he is a bad guy because of it. We all learn something during our games. I am sure he learned that he cannot make that call again (as many of us did by watching).

Agreed and a very good human being, too. He lives in Virginia Beach and he took the time to speak to our association dozens of times while I was there. I’m sure he still does. Class act. Always giving back.

All the more reason I felt awful for him when that happened last year. But we’ve all been there at our own levels. Doug would be the first to tell you that he wouldn’t have selected himself for advancement to the Final Four last year, either. He takes his craft very seriously. I hope to see him in San Antonio this year (knock on wood).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk