The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 28, 2018, 02:48pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Last HS game of the year is two boys JV squads. Never seen a rivalry of this scale.

First foul on a drive from above the arc towards the paint I am putting the ball on the side. Home coach is so upset of where he gets the ball he calls a TO to tell me I am wrong...

A few more trips and I stop the game and give a warning... it was down hill from there.

I am lead a player tries to go through a mess and loses the ball and a player kicks it. Whistle! Kick!
Big guy gets bumped from behind after the whistle turns around two hands shoves the player to the ground! Tweet technical foul.

Home (White) is now hitting threes and the lead is getting away early and will stay 20 plus but green doesnt care. This is a rivalry and people will die...

Later a green player gets into it with a white player taunting him. My partner calls another T.

Later home coach gets into it with my partner and he gets a T.

Later White 5 the center after the whistle blows shoves Green 44 (earlier guy who got a deadball technical) and he gets a T.

Green 44 on a FT rebound instead of going into the key throws an elbow into the head of White 5. I go intentional.

Any reason you didn't go flagrant?
Old Wed Feb 28, 2018, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Conference rivalry, first conference game of the season back in December.

Visiting team owns the first half, home team claws back into the game in the second half.

Final minute, visiting team uses its final TO. Afterwards, with 18.6s left, home team down by two (they've never led), needs to go the length of the floor. I'm C opposite. With 8 seconds left, they find a shooter open in the T's corner and she nails the go-ahead three. The place goes nuts, and knowing that the visiting coach is out of TOs, I simply stare at the home coach expecting her to call a TO in order to set up her defense.

She doesn't. Rookie coach. Caught up in the moment. Failed to act.

Visiting team, almost as if they've practiced this exact scenario, inbounds the ball with the clock running at 6, gets a quick outlet pass tableside, and they find the streaking wide open girl on the other end who one-dribbles in for the game winning layup with 1 second left.

I didn't really need to emphatically score the goal (it was clearly in time), but I did anyway. I've never seen quite the look of stunned disbelief as I saw along the home bench. We got to run right by it while we escaped the gym.

In a season otherwise somewhat devoid of nutcutters, this was a pleasant exception.
Old Wed Feb 28, 2018, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Any reason you didn't go flagrant?
He got ran into it was a reaction and in my opinion not a fight act.

If you are talking about his elbow on the rebound. He didnt look at his opponent and square him up. There is a lot of judgement in some of this high end rare calls. Maybe I was wrong.. I dont know. I am glad he got tossed later so he felt the full punishment of his actions.
Old Wed Feb 28, 2018, 05:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Emphatically ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
I didn't really need to emphatically score the goal (it was clearly in time), but I did anyway.
Been there. Done that. Gotta occasionally show some passion, we're just flesh, and blood, not robots.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Feb 28, 2018, 05:57pm
Esteemed Forum Member

It's Gotta Be The Metric System ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
... foul on a drive from above the arc towards the paint I am putting the ball on the side. Home coach is so upset of where he gets the ball ...
Twice this year I had coaches tell me that anything below the free throw line extended puts the subsequent throwin on the endline.

Where do they get this stuff? Are they possibly confusing it with another rule set, like maybe those Canadian metric system rules?

Rocket Ship Diagram © 2009, Back In The Saddle
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Feb 28, 2018 at 06:21pm.