The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Administrative T (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103532-administrative-t.html)

northbendon Wed Feb 14, 2018 01:31pm

Administrative T

Home team has a correct roster with starters marked. The official score copy's the names into the book but leaves the the last kid off.
When that kid enters the game is this a T.

Or just a clerical error on the official scorer CB 3.2.2 sit b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigT Wed Feb 14, 2018 01:42pm

The kids were counted by the referees you asked the book if they have 14. They say yes but they forgot to put a player in the book. It is an Admin T.

SNIPERBBB Wed Feb 14, 2018 02:08pm

Tell the scorer to pay attention and move on. No T.

Big_Blue_Wannabe Wed Feb 14, 2018 02:11pm

No way in hell is this a T. This is a bookkeeper error. I will again state that the rule doesn’t say the coach or team is responsible for filling out the book correctly. It says they must submit a roster prior to the 10:00 minute mark before the scheduled start.

In the example above, the team complied with the rule. Don’t penalize them for the bookkeeper’s error.

BigT Wed Feb 14, 2018 02:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by northbendon (Post 1017092)
Home team has a correct roster with starters marked. The official score copy's the names into the book but leaves the the last kid off.
When that kid enters the game is this a T.

Or just a clerical error on the official scorer CB 3.2.2 sit b

Normally the official scorer is the home book. Could you explain the situation more?

Camron Rust Wed Feb 14, 2018 02:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigT (Post 1017094)
The kids were counted by the referees you asked the book if they have 14. They say yes but they forgot to put a player in the book. It is an Admin T.

Incorrect. The right information was provided to the scorer. That is all that is required of the team.

No T.

Fix the bookkeeping error and move on.

bob jenkins Wed Feb 14, 2018 02:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigT (Post 1017094)

Incorrect.

The requirement is for the team to GIVE the numbers to the scorer.

Otherwise, a dishonest home scorer could cause a T on the visitors.

Welpe Wed Feb 14, 2018 03:16pm

To paraphrase the late, great Jurassic Referee: "Rules rulez"

10-1-1

A team shall not:

Fail to supply the scorer with the name and number of each team member who may participate and designate the five starting players at least 10 minutes before the scheduled starting time.

PENALTY: (Art. 1) One foul for both requirements. Penalized when it occurs.

10-1-2 makes reference to 10-1-1.

The only requirement is that the team supplies the scorer with the roster and starters marked. This has been fulfilled so the scorer should add the name and we play. No penalty.

northbendon Wed Feb 14, 2018 03:52pm

Thanks guys that's what I thought no T was given

rockyroad Wed Feb 14, 2018 04:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigT (Post 1017101)
Normally the official scorer is the home book. Could you explain the situation more?

Tournament game at a neutral site,,,official scorer is provided by the host school. Home team book would not be the official book.

northbendon Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:44am

In this situation there was a roster provided by the home team.I checked the roster missing # was on the roster so no T but what if there was no roster to look at then we have a T

JRutledge Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 1017113)
Tournament game at a neutral site,,,official scorer is provided by the host school. Home team book would not be the official book.

But is a tournament game normal?

Peace

bob jenkins Thu Feb 15, 2018 02:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by northbendon (Post 1017144)
In this situation there was a roster provided by the home team.I checked the roster missing # was on the roster so no T but what if there was no roster to look at then we have a T

The team had to provide *something* to the scorebook. Look at that.

Big_Blue_Wannabe Thu Feb 15, 2018 02:08pm

Whenever I’m notified that there is an issue with the book, my first question to the scorekeeper is, “Where is the list provided by the coach?”

If they provide a list, I check it to see if the player in question is listed and what their number is listed as. Based on that, I determine whether to issue a technical foul.

If the scorekeeper tells me that the coach(or his designee) filled out the book then self, then I go with the T.

The key to remember in these situations is that just because there is a problem with the book doesn’t mean an automatic T. Determine whether or not the coach provided a roster as required. Then look at what was provided and make a determination from there.

northbendon Thu Feb 15, 2018 02:20pm

Thanks big blue