The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Kansas/Baylor (video request) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103513-kansas-baylor-video-request.html)

SC Official Sat Feb 10, 2018 03:13pm

Kansas/Baylor (video request)

17:54 second half on CBS. Foul called off the ball on a good basket.

JRutledge Sat Feb 10, 2018 04:58pm

You request and an additional play (Video)

Play #1:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_G6-swkoNDk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Play #2:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e28moyClvRU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

bob jenkins Sat Feb 10, 2018 09:34pm

Both good calls.

Player989random Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10pm

1. Travel by Blue 10. Left foot is pivot and slides before dribble. I like the foul, reminds me of a play I had earlier in the year.

2. Offensive.

BryanV21 Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33pm

Good calls.

No question in Play #2. And I believe you have to get that foul in Play #1, as it's a big enough push that you shouldn't let it go.

thedewed Sun Feb 11, 2018 08:23am

no, was flop, these are big boys, don't encourage them to flop on light contact. that player drew 2 fouls by flopping on the most important player on the floor. don't reward or it's dominoes for the day. lol.

SC Official Sun Feb 11, 2018 09:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedewed (Post 1016806)
no, was flop, these are big boys, don't encourage them to flop on light contact. that player drew 2 fouls by flopping on the most important player on the floor. don't reward or it's dominoes for the day. lol.

The Super Bowl is over, March is right around the corner, here come the fanboys.

thedewed Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:00am

to call a flop in the post w/o substantial displacement or a grab and throw is for the ladies game. don't call a foul if you think the 'fouled' player could have stayed on his feet if he was trying to.

the other 2 calls, that travel was a great get, and the 3 point shot, while I am of the opinion that if a defender is dumb enough to make an official make a decision on a last second shot by getting in the gray area, I didn't think that was any contact whatsoever, complete flop. no foul if you can't clearly tell on a replay whether there was any contact on the arm whatsoever after the shot, it shouldn't have been called.

BryanV21 Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedewed (Post 1016811)
to call a flop in the post w/o substantial displacement or a grab and throw is for the ladies game. don't call a foul if you think the 'fouled' player could have stayed on his feet if he was trying to.

1. There was significant displacement. Players don't just bend forward like that. And the player that committed the foul had his arms on the guy's back. That's clearly a push.

2. The player that was fouled didn't leave his feet, so you're thing about leaving his feet makes no sense. Besides, being able to "fight against" the foul is meaningless.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thedewed Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:12am

by staying on his feet, I mean not gone to the floor in a heap lol. These are men, it's not junior high girls. If a player is engaged is stationary post play, and bends his knee for leverage and to lock up against an opponent, don't penalize it if the opponent chooses to not engage but instead to fall like he's been shot by a sniper. tell him to get his ass up, and guess what, he won't do it anymore. if there is obvious illegal contact, that's another matter. wasn't in either of those cases. stick man chose not to fight position. i think in both cases the player flopped to see if a naive official would fall for it. and he got bites both times lol. that won't fly with officials that know what they are doing, and they will let the flopper know it too. if you are on the ground in the paint and someone gets caught up with you, it's a foul on you, so be careful big boy.

bob jenkins Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:59am

You post like a fan and not like an official. Punctuation is your friend.

Raymond Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1016820)
You post like a fan and not like an official. Punctuation is your friend.

He is a fan, a fan of Kansas. He is not an official because his first post in the forum was that he didn't understand an OOB rule.

LRZ Sun Feb 11, 2018 01:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1016820)
You post like a fan....

From an earlier thread: "I am a KU fan...."

bob jenkins Sun Feb 11, 2018 02:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1016825)
He is a fan, a fan of Kansas. He is not an official because his first post in the forum was that he didn't understand an OOB rule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRZ (Post 1016829)
From an earlier thread: "I am a KU fan...."

Thank you both.

I'll amend my previous post to say he "posts like a troll...."

thedewed Sun Feb 11, 2018 02:51pm

KU fan, yes, has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I've reffed games with current NBA players and know what I'm doing. If you want to call it like ladies are playing, they don't like it. lol.