The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 07, 2017, 04:37pm
Official Forum Member

Tattoo location on officials

Hi all - I have never wanted a tattoo in my life but my wife and I (and another couple) were at the Route91 concert in Las Vegas and the four of us want to get a tattoo as a way to remember how lucky we were to escape and pay our respects to those that weren't as lucky. For those of you that have tattoos, where would be a good place to get one that is roughly 2x2 or 3x3? I do officiate college basketball but don't feel like having this conversation with my assignors.

Any suggestions? Would something on my inner forearm be too noticeable? It will basically the logo or a ribbon with the date of the event. I want it somewhere that I see it but understand it is also slightly taboo in collegiate officiating. Thanks in advance for the insight you have.
Old Sat Oct 07, 2017, 08:12pm
Lighten up, Francis.

If it were me, I would definitely put it somewhere that would be completely covered by my uniform. Upper arm, chest, thigh, something like that. Obviously, I can't speak for everybody. But, like you, I work NCAA, and I personally wouldn't want it to be visible during a game. That's just me.