The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 25, 2017, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

WV Gonzaga 1:31 left

Just curious, don't have the video but maybe it's on here somewhere, WV hits a 3 to go up 3, Gonzaga has the ball upfront, WV defender has arms straight out but in no way touching the dribbler, sets up with torso immediately in front of dribbler, dribbler not trying to go anywhere, move squarely into the defenders torso with shoulder, contacts the stationary defender, than backs off, defender sets up squarely again, dribbler comes back directly into his torso. Tweet tweet! Foul called, WV defender incredulous, as I was, Gonzaga goes to the line, hits the 2, and ends up winning, so this was a HUGE call.

Of those of you that saw the play, would you in your wildest dreams have called that a foul? I'm just wondering what type of interpretation of the rules of contact of the game would have led to that being a foul.

Not a fan of WV or Gonzaga, just a lover of basketball and fair play, hated to see a call like that at such a key point. I'm interested in any perspective where someone other than that officials would think that was the right thing to do at that moment. Each time there was a bump, it was the dribbler initiating it into the chest of a stationary defender. Unbelievable injection of a whistle into an important moment for both teams.
Old Sat Mar 25, 2017, 01:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Please put all requests into the same thread.

It is easier to follow.

Thanks.

Peace
Old Sat Mar 25, 2017, 02:48pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Fanboy thread?