The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   When L and T cross for reporting a foul (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/102152-when-l-t-cross-reporting-foul.html)

Amesman Mon Jan 23, 2017 01:34pm

When L and T cross for reporting a foul

We've been going back and forth on this: When L calls a foul in the front court and they have to pass each other when L goes to the table to report, should one always go inside (or outside) the other?

Prevailing (slightly) sentiment seems to be the new L should take the inside route in order to keep better eye on players in the paint. Some say it doesn't matter a hoot.

Rich Mon Jan 23, 2017 01:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amesman (Post 998198)
We've been going back and forth on this: When L calls a foul in the front court and they have to pass each other when L goes to the table to report, should one always go inside (or outside) the other?

Prevailing (slightly) sentiment seems to be the new L should take the inside route in order to keep better eye on players in the paint. Some say it doesn't matter a hoot.

I haven't put a second of thought into this, to be honest.

SNIPERBBB Mon Jan 23, 2017 01:58pm

Just dont run into each other.

just another ref Mon Jan 23, 2017 02:13pm

If there is a wrong way to do this, and this is the worst mistake you make, you should be all right in the end.

WhistlesAndStripes Mon Jan 23, 2017 02:37pm

This may well be the dumbest question I've ever seen asked on this board.

That's just my opinion.

Camron Rust Mon Jan 23, 2017 02:40pm

I think the lead should take the path that allows him/her to grab a drink a the water fountain while the trail takes the path to the stack of towels to wipe off his/her head/face. The C is left to suffer with watching the players.

crosscountry55 Mon Jan 23, 2017 02:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 998216)
I think the lead should take the path that allows him/her to grab a drink a the water fountain while the trail takes the path to the stack of towels to wipe off his/her head/face. The C is left to suffer with watching the players.

This comment is ripe for an alternative opinion by Mark Padgett.

Overall, I would file the OP in the "splitting hairs" category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welpe Mon Jan 23, 2017 03:28pm

That's a level of over-thinking I don't want to even entertain.

JRutledge Mon Jan 23, 2017 03:49pm

Way over thinking on this one. Who is on the outside or inside, unless you are talking about other things. ;)

Peace

Rich Mon Jan 23, 2017 03:54pm

Actually we lock arms and swing. If we're feeling especially saucy, we'll allemande left.

bob jenkins Mon Jan 23, 2017 04:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 998225)
Actually we lock arms and swing. If we're feeling especially saucy, we'll allemande left.

That's because you use FED mechanics.

Here, we give the "swing-through" high-five, with the follow-through pat on the backside.

rockyroad Mon Jan 23, 2017 04:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 998228)

Here, we give the "swing-through" high-five, with the follow-through pat on the backside.

Hum...must be a state by state thing.

Here, we do the whole introduction hand-shake thing. Just like the starters do with that one kid that never gets to play.

Rich Mon Jan 23, 2017 05:08pm

Quote:

I was holding up my partner on a sub this season (I was the tableside trail) and the replaced player high-fived me on the way off the court.

(I know someone here who would whack the player and give an indirect to the head coach.)

Mark Padgett Mon Jan 23, 2017 05:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 998216)

No - if the lead and trail do as you state, the C checks out all the hot moms. I'm sure that is in the referee manual.

Welpe Mon Jan 23, 2017 05:27pm

Quote:

Texas believes in a firm and hearty whistle from the non-calling official while the other official is reporting so that nobody attempts to dunk a dead ball.