The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 10, 2016, 11:07pm
Official Forum Member

Proper Order for Pre-game T

Proper set of mechanics for calling/reporting a T before the game? Same for both an administrative (not having scorebook filled out) vs. pre-game dunk?

My partners tonight believe it should always be the R and that you don't need a whistle chirp for the pre-game dunk. Both felt you could walk over, notify both coaches, report it to the table and resume pre-game activities.
Old Sat Dec 10, 2016, 11:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersowner View Post
Proper set of mechanics for calling/reporting a T before the game? Same for both an administrative (not having scorebook filled out) vs. pre-game dunk?

My partners tonight believe it should always be the R and that you don't need a whistle chirp for the pre-game dunk. Both felt you could walk over, notify both coaches, report it to the table and resume pre-game activities.
I have never seen a whistle chirp for it. I think if you have a pre game dunk u all 3 talk about it and somebody goes over and notifies the coaches and the table. The R is the R so he should probably do it but it's not a big deal to me. If it's an administrative T the R is checking the book so he's the one to find it etc.

This isn't something that anybody around here would care about. It should probably be the R. If U1 or 2 went over no one would care.
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 04:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersowner View Post

Have you checked your NFHS books? The proper procedure is written out in there.
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

The 2 times I have had a pre game dunk I have called the player over and told him to tell his coach that we will be starting with a T because he dunked. Usually once the coach hears that he starts walking towards us and I meet him halfway, we discuss the ramifications for 30 seconds then I go tell the other coach and the book.
Old Sun Dec 11, 2016, 12:30pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Let's Go To The Videotape ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Have you checked your NFHS books? The proper procedure is written out in there.
The official who calls the technical foul reports it ...
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)