Old Wed Nov 30, 2016, 11:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

North Carolina @ Indiana

Was this a foul or violation?

Lane Violation

Peace
Old Thu Dec 01, 2016, 02:23am
Official Forum Member

Backcourt violation appeared to occur before contact, but hard to say from that angle.

FT violation was pretty obvious, not much to discuss there.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2016, 03:33am
AremRed

Play 1: BC violation before foul, new Lead needs to help with this

Play 2: CC delayed lane violation
Old Thu Dec 01, 2016, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

on the potential BC violation, if he is in the air when he catches the ball doesn't he get to land where he wants? Its hard to see from this angle, but let's say he leaves the floor with both feet (from the FC) and catches the ball while airborne and lands strattled on the line, isn't he considered to still be in BC status?
Old Thu Dec 01, 2016, 05:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
on the potential BC violation, if he is in the air when he catches the ball doesn't he get to land where he wants? Its hard to see from this angle, but let's say he leaves the floor with both feet (from the FC) and catches the ball while airborne and lands strattled on the line, isn't he considered to still be in BC status?
You are where you were till you get where you're going. Player is in front court until he lands.

To be legal on that play, he would of needed to get one foot down in the BC before he caught the ball.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2016, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
The "exception" that allows an airborne player to catch the ball and make a normal landing (NFHS 9-9-3/NCAA 9-12-9,10) applies only during a throw-in, jump ball, or while on defense.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2016, 05:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
You are where you were till you get where you're going. Player is in front court until he lands.

To be legal on that play, he would of needed to get one foot down in the BC before he caught the ball.
And, in case some aren't sure, if you are touching the half line, you are considered to be in the backcourt.......similar to stepping on the sideline or endline to be out of bounds.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2016, 06:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
Why was Center official so low on back court press coverage? There were two officials officiating ball and defender (2 players). Not surprised this happened with Center's positioning on this particular play.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2016, 06:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
Why was Center official so low on back court press coverage? There were two officials officiating ball and defender (2 players). Not surprised this happened with Center's positioning on this particular play.
That and he was taken out by the ball handler after making the pass.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2016, 11:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Since we're talking mechanics/positioning, I'm not familiar with the nitty gritty of NCAA-M mechanics. On the second play, I didn't see anyone signal a delayed violation?
Old Fri Dec 02, 2016, 06:52am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
I see no reason why the slot came down so far. I would only do so if there were a trap down there. The trail was in a position to see the play by himself. As slot, I would have been up with the second group of players.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old Fri Dec 02, 2016, 08:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I see no reason why the slot came down so far. I would only do so if there were a trap down there. The trail was in a position to see the play by himself. As slot, I would have been up with the second group of players.

I can see why he initially dropped down...but once it's evident that the matchup will be a 1 on 1 match up...and the rest of the players are going upcourt, I would have liked for the slot to work upcourt.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Fri Dec 02, 2016, 09:23am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
I can see why he initially dropped down...but once it's evident that the matchup will be a 1 on 1 match up...and the rest of the players are going upcourt, I would have liked for the slot to work upcourt.
I don't see why he dropped down. It was a one-on-one match up. He had a group of 4 other players in the back court who needed attention.
Old Fri Dec 02, 2016, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODog View Post
Since we're talking mechanics/positioning, I'm not familiar with the nitty gritty of NCAA-M mechanics. On the second play, I didn't see anyone signal a delayed violation?
Because once you make that signal you are obligate to make the call. It has it's time and place.
Old Fri Dec 02, 2016, 10:14am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODog View Post
The person who should have displayed that signal did not, so another official made the call.