The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Women's Final Four Officials (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101214-womens-final-four-officials.html)

bballref3966 Sun Apr 03, 2016 03:45pm

Women's Final Four Officials

Anyone know who they are?

Although, typically you can guess 4 or 5 of them and be right in any given year.

Mr.C Sun Apr 03, 2016 04:29pm

haven't seen it listed yet. This may be a silly question, but is there ever any "cross over" of officials that have been in both sets of ncaa finals in their careers?

bucky Sun Apr 03, 2016 07:53pm

Lisa Mattingly is working Wash/Syr game. Big surprise. Every women's game I see on TV either has Mattingly or Kantner. Brooks a lot too.

reffish Sun Apr 03, 2016 08:51pm

Kyle Bacon from PHX, working the Washington/Syracuse game. I believe the first for him. The last official I knew worked men's and women's tournament games was Bob Scofield. I don't know of any that worked finals.

bballref3966 Sun Apr 03, 2016 09:40pm

UConn/Oregon State:

Brenda Pantoja
Felicia Grinter
Joe Vaszily

Washington/Syracuse:

Lisa Mattingly
Denise Brooks
Kyle Bacon

Almost surely means Dee Kantner will work the final, and I wouldn't be surprised if Tina Napier is, too.

pizanno Mon Apr 04, 2016 01:43am

Well-deserved

Great to see Kyle Bacon recognized. All-around good dude. How you like them apples, Mulkey? ;)

Welpe Mon Apr 04, 2016 03:12am

Wasn't Brenda Pantoja working the NBA? Is she still working games there?

JetMetFan Mon Apr 04, 2016 06:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 985786)
Wasn't Brenda Pantoja working the NBA? Is she still working games there?

She was. It doesn't appear as though she has worked any NBA games since the '13-14 season.

As to the championship, I'm thinking Bryan Burnette will be on the court. He was the ALT last year and on the women's side that tends to mean you get the Chip the next season.

Rich Mon Apr 04, 2016 09:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMetFan (Post 985787)
She was. It doesn't appear as though she has worked any NBA games since the '13-14 season.

As to the championship, I'm thinking Bryan Burnette will be on the court. He was the ALT last year and on the women's side that tends to mean you get the Chip the next season.

Which two female officials will be with him?:p

JetMetFan Mon Apr 04, 2016 03:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 985791)

It may/may not be that way but you'd never hear me complain about it, even if I was at that level. As one of my supervisors said a few seasons ago, "We're in their game."

Oddly enough, none of my NCAAW supervisors is female. If I get picked up by one or more of the conferences I'm going for this summer that will change but the only female supervisor I work for is in NYC GV. I worked about 40 3-person games NCAAW & HS combined this past season. I had a female partner in 13 of those games (two unlucky women worked with me twice :p ). I had only one game where I was partnered with two women.

JRutledge Mon Apr 04, 2016 03:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 985791)

Basically.

Peace

Referee24.7 Mon Apr 04, 2016 06:04pm

Not to segway on this thread, but I'm sure this has been discussed here before, and I'm wondering why any of you think we will get over the "gender" card in the striped world and there will come a day when a woman will be able to work mens' ball on a regular basis and have an opportunity to maybe someday work the tournament, and maybe even a Final Four?

bballref3966 Mon Apr 04, 2016 06:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Referee24.7 (Post 985833)
Not to segway on this thread, but I'm sure this has been discussed here before

An annual thread at this exact time of year, at least for as long as I've been a member.

Multiple Sports Mon Apr 04, 2016 06:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMetFan (Post 985827)
It may/may not be that way but you'd never hear me complain about it, even if I was at that level. As one of my supervisors said a few seasons ago, "We're in their game."

Oddly enough, none of my NCAAW supervisors is female. If I get picked up by one or more of the conferences I'm going for this summer that will change but the only female supervisor I work for is in NYC GV. I worked about 40 3-person games NCAAW & HS combined this past season. I had a female partner in 13 of those games (two unlucky women worked with me twice :p ). I had only one game where I was partnered with two women.

Let me guess you are shooting for the Patriot / A- 10 Glad to see Levinson is treating you well.....

JetMetFan Mon Apr 04, 2016 08:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 985836)
Let me guess you are shooting for the Patriot / A- 10 Glad to see Levinson is treating you well.....

Actually it's mainly D2 conferences but I wouldn't turn away A-10/Patriot [emoji6] . At any rate there are four D2s in my neck of the woods that have schools I can reach. D2 is the first level where I see female officiating supervisors.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk