The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 25, 2016, 09:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

NCAA Wisconsin vs. Notre Dame (Video)

Here is a Block-Charge with an RA element to this play.

Discuss the details as you wish.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Sat Mar 26, 2016 at 01:05pm.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2016, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member

My thought is that my crew says yield to the lead at the basket. Blow and hold from C and T. It may be centers call if it comes out of his area but we all know lead doesn't lay off when someone falls at his feet. Here, center should have laid off completely imo. Crash is at basket on opposite side lane. Looked like block w or without arc.

Refereeing is hard.
Old Fri Mar 25, 2016, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Wisconsin will not be playing Indiana in this tournament, as it turns out.
Old Sat Mar 26, 2016, 12:22am
Official Forum Member

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I didn't think the lead had a whistle on this play. I think you could make arguments for block or charge on this play, so basically a 50/50 play. The deciding factor is the RA on the play and that was a touch call in real time since his foot was above the RA as opposed to standing within the arc. It's no unusual to need help from a partner in RA situations and I think they handled this well.

On a separate note, I think Wisconsin should have gotten the ball back on the turnover and lose ball foul that occurs and wasn't called just before the end of the game. The Wisconsin player loses his dribble in his backcourt after minor contact but then gets whacked by an airborne ND player and has no chance of recovering the ball. ND recovers and scores. It was a pivotal play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Sat Mar 26, 2016, 07:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNJOfficial View Post
On a separate note, I think Wisconsin should have gotten the ball back on the turnover and lose ball foul that occurs and wasn't called just before the end of the game. The Wisconsin player loses his dribble in his backcourt after minor contact but then gets whacked by an airborne ND player and has no chance of recovering the ball. ND recovers and scores. It was a pivotal play.

Disagree, and I was even rooting for WI. That was marginal contact that did not earn a whistle in that situation.

Bottom line is WI committed too many uncharacteristic turnovers and didn't finish. So they lost.

This game was excellently officiated.
Old Sat Mar 26, 2016, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

The secondary defender jumps in the air and lands on the Wisconsin ball handler. The ball had started to come lose at that point, but the contact ensured the ball handler has no chance to recover the ball. It was clearly not marginal contact.

Moreover, the ball handler was hit on the arm by the primary defender as he started to dribble out of the corner and that's what started the turnover. The secondary defender's contact was not incidental and ND gained an advantage by the contact. There should have been a whistle there. Wisconsin was not in the bonus so the result would have been possession.

I can understand the logic of someone saying its a loose ball and that's why they passed on the foul, but it was clearly a foul (two fouls actually) and when you look at the sequence of events it's the first ND contact that creates the loose ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Sat Mar 26, 2016, 12:18pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Disagree, and I was even rooting for WI. That was marginal contact that did not earn a whistle in that situation.

Bottom line is WI committed too many uncharacteristic turnovers and didn't finish. So they lost.

This game was excellently officiated.
I think I would have a whistle on that play. The marginal contact allowed the steal to happen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old Sat Mar 26, 2016, 01:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Another Block-Charge Play (Video)

Old Sat Mar 26, 2016, 08:25pm
High Five Master

I will bring marshmallows fellas bc I'm in the camp that believes that was a foul as well. WI had too many turnovers otherwise so no comment from me about rest of game but that was a foul.