The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NCAA Men's Tournament Officials (2016) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101100-ncaa-mens-tournament-officials-2016-a.html)

bradriney Sat Mar 19, 2016 08:33am

Where is Doug Shows?

Haven't seen him

Raymond Sat Mar 19, 2016 09:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by refinks (Post 984601)
Was really hoping Winston Stith and/or John Moore would get a game this year. Both are local guys that I have met before.
Anybody know anything about them?

I know Winston lives in Wichita and grew up in Etterick, VA and he posts a lot of uplifting stuff on Facebook.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Raymond Sat Mar 19, 2016 09:13am

Olandis Poole, not Orlandis

UNI/Texas: Marques Pettigrew

Cincy/St. Joe's: Mike Stuart

big jake Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:55am

Doug shows was in a wreck and has been out a while, should be back next season.
Tom Eads is getting around just fine and has had a great season

RefCT Sat Mar 19, 2016 04:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RefCT (Post 984434)
Has anyone seen Pat Driscoll this year? I haven't seen him at all and am just wondering if he is injured or something else.

Oh look - he is doing the Kentucky-Indiana game with Jeff Anderson and DJ Carstensen.

I guess I didn't watch as many games as I thought this year and he probably didn't work too many AAC games.

AremRed Sat Mar 19, 2016 04:28pm

I am at work and will not be able to update for several hours, sorry guys. I will get it done tonight!

Rich Sat Mar 19, 2016 08:42pm

Cleanup on aisle three.

Someone will not be around for the next week.

wanja Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:01pm

Stith worked the final of the western athletic conference (wac) tournament but has not worked any other postseason tournament (ncca, nit, cbi, cit) since.

Multiple Sports Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:10am

Would anybody like to pick a couple first timers for this weekend (reg. semis & Finals ) or will it be the same cast of characters......

Raymond Mon Mar 21, 2016 02:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 984829)
Would anybody like to pick a couple first timers for this weekend (reg. semis & Finals ) or will it be the same cast of characters......

Nobody here makes those picks. [emoji6]

Raymond Mon Mar 21, 2016 02:04pm

Lee Cassell worked with Valentine and Higgins.

bradriney Mon Mar 21, 2016 07:46pm

Keith Kimble did UNI vs Tex AM

thought you'd like the info

dahoopref Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 984829)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 984237)
DENVER
(12) Arkansas-Little Rock vs. (5) Purdue -- Brian O'Connell, Gerry Pollard, Deldre Carr

No one from this crew (not even the alternate) will work this weekend games. The committee did not grade this game very well; not only play calling but administration of some penalties. The alternate was supposed to correct (assist with) a procedure but did not.

jpgc99 Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahoopref (Post 984992)
No one from this crew (not even the alternate) will work this weekend games. The committee did not grade this game very well; not only play calling but administration of some penalties. The alternate was supposed to correct (assist with) a procedure but did not.

This sounds like a good learning opportunity. What was the procedure/penalty that was incorrectly adjudicated?

Raymond Wed Mar 23, 2016 01:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahoopref (Post 984992)

There were several plays from that game that I found questionable. For there to be a best crew they're also have to be crews that have off days.