The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 28, 2016, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Video Request: DBCTF, Gonzaga vs BYU

DBCTF called on Gonzaga's Kyle Dranginis with 1:00 remaining 1st half. Would enjoy the discussion here. I think this play's close.

Thanks!
Old Sun Feb 28, 2016, 01:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Foul and Dead Ball Contact Foul (Video)

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Sun Feb 28, 2016 at 01:59pm.
Old Sun Feb 28, 2016, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Many thanks!
Old Sun Feb 28, 2016, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

I don't think he got fouled on the shot either. I blew it up on big screen as well. Both hands went up and the ball stayed down. And I still can't see a dead ball foul. Just looks like ugly play where they got tangled. No one pulled the other down. But I see where they had to call something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old Sun Feb 28, 2016, 10:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstaggs23 View Post
I don't think he got fouled on the shot either. I blew it up on big screen as well. Both hands went up and the ball stayed down. And I still can't see a dead ball foul. Just looks like ugly play where they got tangled. No one pulled the other down. But I see where they had to call something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I totally disagree with no one pulled the other down. I think the Gonzaga player clearly pulled the player down. Getting tangled up is not how someone just falls, usually someone is applying some kind of force to the other. But it was not easy to see until you saw the replay and different angles.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 10:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I totally disagree with no one pulled the other down. I think the Gonzaga player clearly pulled the player down. Getting tangled up is not how someone just falls, usually someone is applying some kind of force to the other. But it was not easy to see until you saw the replay and different angles.

Peace
Thanks for posting this play JRut.

I'm in agreement with you. The contact/pull by the Gonzaga player was excessive and unnecessary. This being the in the 1st half also set the tone for both teams to not get out of hand.

The problem I have is the C. He sets up way too high on the first FT of the 1&1, then compounds his problem of position by bailing out during the FT try. The L has no open look to view the strip; the ball goes to the floor which by usually means a clean play (good no-call). The C's creditability to officiate the play is below average at best due to his position and distance.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 02:48pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref View Post
Thanks for posting this play JRut.

I'm in agreement with you. The contact/pull by the Gonzaga player was excessive and unnecessary. This being the in the 1st half also set the tone for both teams to not get out of hand.

The problem I have is the C. He sets up way too high on the first FT of the 1&1, then compounds his problem of position by bailing out during the FT try. The L has no open look to view the strip; the ball goes to the floor which by usually means a clean play (good no-call). The C's creditability to officiate the play is below average at best due to his position and distance.
And the Trail bailed out early also even though all 5 defensive players were in the FC.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 04:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post

Peace
OF course he pulled him down. White had blue's arm locked.