The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 26, 2016, 09:33am
Administrator

I Must Be Getting Old!

I turned 64 on my last birthday and today is Mark, Jr.'s 26th birthday. Our younger son, Andy, turns 23 in May and he proposed to his long time girl friend over Valentine's Day and the poor girl accepted, and know we have an August 2017 wedding in the works. Time sure flies when you are having fun.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri Feb 26, 2016, 10:21am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I turned 64 on my last birthday and today is Mark, Jr.'s 26th birthday. Our younger son, Andy, turns 23 in May and he proposed to his long time girl friend over Valentine's Day and the poor girl accepted, and know we have an August 2017 wedding in the works. Time sure flies when you are having fun.

MTD, Sr.
Time stops for no one. I learned that the hard way when I lost my Dad in November. He was 84 and in about as good of health as anyone 84 could be until his heart attack.

Seems like yesterday I was picking up and moving again -- to Wisconsin, a state I'd spent a whole week in. That was 14 years ago. Next season will be my 30th on the floor and half of them will have been here in WI.

There's a thread announcing the birth of my daughter here on the forum. She's 11.

Tick tock.
Old Fri Feb 26, 2016, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

I have a picture in my office of my about 10 month old son from 1984. I was in my football uniform and he was tugging at my whistle.

Today he is 32, married, a father of two and an attorney. He officiated for a while before his practice and dad duties became too much. He did get a chance to work a state tournament with me a couple of times. Those are moments I will never forget.
Old Sat Feb 27, 2016, 10:42pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Our younger son, Andy, turns 23 in May and he proposed to his long time girl friend over Valentine's Day and the poor girl accepted... MTD, Sr.
It won't be much longer after that when grandkids will be on the way. I have seven of them - 5 boys, 2 girls. Grandkids are just the best. In fact, I told my wife that we should have had them first.