The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 08:59pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

What is the deal with IAABO and Officials choice? How come you can only get IAABO products from this one supplier?----And in my experience a very bad supplier.
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 09:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question Not from an IAABO State or area.

Quote:
Originally posted by oc
What is the deal with IAABO and Officials choice? How come you can only get IAABO products from this one supplier?----And in my experience a very bad supplier.
I have no explaination for this issue, but I have a question. What kind of IAABO products do you have to have? Are you talking about patches or are you talking about shirts and pants?

Peace
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 09:46pm
Official Forum Member

We get all our IAABO stuff locally. A vendor comes to a few of our Board meetings in November/December and sells various items. The shirts have the IAABO logo embroidered on front, as well as the Massachusetts State shape on one sleeve. Jackets are available also. I think these are the only items with IAABO logos. Some guys get their pants, shoes, whistles, etc., then too, while others order from various catalogs and websites.

I'm not sure how this is set up, but we have had the same vendor for several years. He must have an arrangement with IAABO to supply IAABO logo items. It is very convenient.
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by nine01c
We get all our IAABO stuff locally. A vendor comes to a few of our Board meetings in November/December and sells various items. The shirts have the IAABO logo embroidered on front, as well as the Massachusetts State shape on one sleeve. Jackets are available also. I think these are the only items with IAABO logos. Some guys get their pants, shoes, whistles, etc., then too, while others order from various catalogs and websites.

I'm not sure how this is set up, but we have had the same vendor for several years. He must have an arrangement with IAABO to supply IAABO logo items. It is very convenient.
These guys who come to your meetings are not from officials choice? I betcha they are.
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Actually, the outfit we have is called Reading Trophy and Shirt (Massachusetts) http://www.readingtrophy.com

I don't think it has any affiliation with Official's Choice.
However, the IAABO stuff is not in the regular catalog. I guess he does it as a sideline. The owner's name is Tom.
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 11:50pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Not from an IAABO State or area.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I have no explaination for this issue, but I have a question. What kind of IAABO products do you have to have? Are you talking about patches or are you talking about shirts and pants?

Peace [/B][/QUOTE]

I am very tall but kind of slim. XL clothes look funny on me--but Officials choice does not sell tall items-and when I sometimes break down and buy stuff from them they have either lost, delayed, or improperly shipped the order (Last time they did all three).

So my question is how did they get the monopoly on IAABO stuff? I would love to buy IAABO patches somewhere else and put it on my Honigs's tall size jacket.
Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 12:00am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Not from an IAABO State or area.

Quote:
Originally posted by oc
So my question is how did they get the monopoly on IAABO stuff? I would love to buy IAABO patches somewhere else and put it on my Honigs's tall size jacket.
Take the patch to an embroidery shop. I guarantee they can duplicate it.
Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 12:48am
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: Not from an IAABO State or area.

Quote:
Originally posted by oc

I am very tall but kind of slim. XL clothes look funny on me--but Officials choice does not sell tall items-and when I sometimes break down and buy stuff from them they have either lost, delayed, or improperly shipped the order (Last time they did all three).

You mean you cannot get IAABO patches alone? I really do not know, but it would seem that the patches would be availible to put on shirts and jackets. No different than the patches we get through the IHSA and the ones I got when I umpired in Iowa. I would have thought you could buy anything and put the patches on them.

Peace
Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 07:01am
Official Forum Member

Board Secretaries can order the IAABO patches for their membership. We are required to purchase the shirt with the State logo on the sleeve. If someone has special sizing requirements, he could probably put the patch on a properly fitting shirt instead. Explain your situation and ask the Board to order a few patches for you.
Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 08:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by nine01c
Actually, the outfit we have is called Reading Trophy and Shirt (Massachusetts) http://www.readingtrophy.com

I don't think it has any affiliation with Official's Choice.
However, the IAABO stuff is not in the regular catalog. I guess he does it as a sideline. The owner's name is Tom.
Sounds familiar. Thanks
Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

IAABO Patches

IAABO does not use patches anymore. The emblem is embroidered into the shirt.

Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 09:07am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

IAABO has agents with many states/local associations to help sell merchandise at the local meetings and State Rules Clinics.

I personally have had extremely positive experiences with them, as have most people I know that have doen business with them...at least in GA.
Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

IAABO has agents with many states/local associations to help sell merchandise at the local meetings and State Rules Clinics

Officials' Choice has the agents.....but there is obviously a strong relationship between IAABO and Officials' Choice.
Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 09:14am
Official Forum Member

Then why are the patches on the order sheet for Secretaries @ $6 each? See http://www.IAABO.org click MERCHANDISE, Price Lists.
Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

I would contact your board secretary and get a patch from them. Although I have not seen an IAABO shirt with an IAABO "patch" since the collared shirt days.