The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 14, 2015, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

PA and T

Play from a game the other night. Held ball, possession arrow in favor of white. In the immediate aftermath (i.e. before the ball is given to white for the throw) white player gets a T, apparently for something he said. So, blue gets 2 FT and the ball -- do they *also* get the PA flipped? (Which is what the officials did in this game.)
Old Mon Dec 14, 2015, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Arrow should have stayed with white.

"The direction of the possession arrow is reversed immediately after an alternating-possession throw-in ends"

Throw-in never even started.

Last edited by Dad; Mon Dec 14, 2015 at 11:59am.
Old Mon Dec 14, 2015, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

The arrow changes when the AP throw in ends or when the inbounding team violates.

Neither happened, so the arrow shouldn't have changed.

Did the table change it on its own, or did the officials ask that it be changed. If it was the former, did the officials notice?
Old Mon Dec 14, 2015, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
The arrow changes when the AP throw in ends or when the inbounding team violates.

Neither happened, so the arrow shouldn't have changed.

Did the table change it on its own, or did the officials ask that it be changed. If it was the former, did the officials notice?
That's what I thought. No idea who changed it or knew it was changed -- fans noticed it a moment or two later. T'was not the only interesting event of the game from either the table or the two-man referee team. (We had a double T to two opponents that appeared to be a result of one of them telling a ref that the other told him to "shut the F up" after a call, we had a coach yelling from darn near the top of the key (with no T), we had a referee tell that same coach at a different point five times to go back to his bench area (getting a smart remark each time without a T),we had the tournament director (a/k/a the head coach for the team hosting the tournament) call the referees over and talk to them for at least three minutes between third and fourth quarters [which was right after the Ts], we had a warning to a coach in which the ref made a T signal, the shooting bonus for a PC foul mentioned in another thread, . . . really looked to me like two guys in over their head (I don't think the affected the outcome [though easy to say since my son won], but certainly amped up the tension and anxiety on the court and in the stands. But, as I told my son, he needs to roll with it, and if he wants the better refs, he needs to work harder to make V next season . . .)
Old Tue Dec 15, 2015, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

All this was in JV game? Wow..
Old Tue Dec 15, 2015, 09:44am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal lurker View Post
Play from a game the other night. Held ball, possession arrow in favor of white. In the immediate aftermath (i.e. before the ball is given to white for the throw) white player gets a T, apparently for something he said. So, blue gets 2 FT and the ball -- do they *also* get the PA flipped? (Which is what the officials did in this game.)
Question is easily answered by asking the following question:

Did White AP throw-in end?

(kind of hard for a throw-in to end if it never happens)