The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 06, 2000, 07:35am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Well, whats the verdict on the new MLB Umpire uniforms...???? I saw them last night for the first
time....Black shirts, black hats, and tan/grey pants...black pullovers with with numbers....does
anyone know if this is supposed to replace the Blue or is it just an alternate uniform...my assoc has
just gotten everyone to switch to the blue pullover.....plus I cant imagine being called "hey
Black"..........
Old Fri Oct 06, 2000, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

It reminds me of a military uniform or something a zookeeper
may wear !!!
Old Fri Oct 06, 2000, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Well folks I just got home from the “M’s” game and the light cream pullovers are different. I have never had a problem with my color vision, but between the pants and the light shirt I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

The pants color is called “sage gray”, Thane in your neck of the woods you for sure know what color sage is. Well in bright sunlight the pants look gray and the shirt looks yellow. In light shadow the shirt is gold and the pants look brownish. In dark shadow the pants turn greenish – gray (sage) and the shirt looks off white. I doubt if I’ll get to see the shirts under the lights this season (to cool at night in the Puget Sound area this time of year) I’m hoping for one night game thought. Just to see what color the pants will change to.

As far as the last play, well, over all the screaming and hollering going on my wife heard me say OH SH!T.
Then the plate Ump spun and walked and I then watched the celebrations. The bullet left the gun and there was nothing anybody could do.

Let me tell you folks this is the third time in my life I’ve held World Series tickets in my hand (haven't seen one live yet). I’ll take a win anyway they’ll give it to me. Four more wins by the “M’s” and you can look for an old guy with a beard in Safco field Sect. 218 row 5 seat 1. I’ll be easy to spot I’ll be the one with the mega smile. May the Mojo be with me.

When your green you’ll grow
When your ripe you’ll rot

rex
Old Fri Oct 06, 2000, 11:45pm
Official Forum Member

The uniforms don't look half bad. Hopefully we can buy them from somebody other that Honig. The black shirts and pullovers with the sage gray pants look pretty good. Don't know if I like them better than gray slacks and navy shirts.