The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   A-Rod and Dempster (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/95869-rod-dempster.html)

JJ Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:20am

A-Rod and Dempster

I'd have dumped Dempster. On a different thought, A-Rod may need more than an elbow pad for the rest of the season. :rolleyes:

JJ

MD Longhorn Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:38am

My only thoughts were how ridiculous the plate umpire looked performing his warning dance. He pointed so many directions I thought a disco ball was coming out. Very unprofessional looking, imho. Like he's never given a warning for this before in his life, or it was the very first time he'd ever seen anyone thrown at, and blew a gasket in anger.

ozzy6900 Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 902832)
I'd have dumped Dempster. On a different thought, A-Rod may need more than an elbow pad for the rest of the season. :rolleyes:

JJ

Of course you would have dumped Dempster because you are an amateur umpire. We all would have dumped him but in MLB, it's the PU's discretion. In the amateur world, we really don't have a choice.

briancurtin Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD Longhorn (Post 902835)
My only thoughts were how ridiculous the plate umpire looked performing his warning dance. He pointed so many directions I thought a disco ball was coming out. Very unprofessional looking, imho. Like he's never given a warning for this before in his life, or it was the very first time he'd ever seen anyone thrown at, and blew a gasket in anger.

The fact that he was going to bolt out from behind the plate and violently point and yell should have flipped the light switch that this should have been more than a warning.

Most warnings seem generally calm. This was just weird.

MD Longhorn Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by briancurtin (Post 902842)
The fact that he was going to bolt out from behind the plate and violently point and yell should have flipped the light switch that this should have been more than a warning.

Most warnings seem generally calm. This was just weird.

I agree. Something like...

"Everyone look at me!!! I am boldly putting my foot down and angrily doing nothing whatsoever!!!! Thus Spaketh I!!!!!"

dash_riprock Mon Aug 19, 2013 04:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy6900 (Post 902837)
Of course you would have dumped Dempster because you are an amateur umpire. We all would have dumped him but in MLB, it's the PU's discretion. In the amateur world, we really don't have a choice.

Girardi didn't think the PU had a choice in the pro world either. He thought the warning (if any) should have been issued after the pitch behind A-Rod's knees. I don't blame him for coming unglued.

ozzy6900 Mon Aug 19, 2013 07:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dash_riprock (Post 902888)
Girardi didn't think the PU had a choice in the pro world either. He thought the warning (if any) should have been issued after the pitch behind A-Rod's knees. I don't blame him for coming unglued.

My suggestion to Girardi would be to sit A-Rod on his butt until his suspension takes place. Dempster isn't the only pitcher to try and drill A-Rod but at least Dempster left a mark.....LOL.

Sorry Dash, but I have hated A-Rod long before he came to New York. I have no use for the bum!

dash_riprock Tue Aug 20, 2013 06:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy6900 (Post 902894)
My suggestion to Girardi would be to sit A-Rod on his butt until his suspension takes place. Dempster isn't the only pitcher to try and drill A-Rod but at least Dempster left a mark.....LOL.

Sorry Dash, but I have hated A-Rod long before he came to New York. I have no use for the bum!

Girardi's job is to win games. If a bum can help him get to the playoffs, that bum is going to be in the lineup (especially if he gets drilled every time up).

Manny A Tue Aug 20, 2013 07:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dash_riprock (Post 902909)
Girardi's job is to win games. If a bum can help him get to the playoffs, that bum is going to be in the lineup (especially if he gets drilled every time up).

Well, that bum may get on base, and even get a few timely hits. But it seems every day lately there's a new story to this guy's saga, and now it's against team management. Somebody may force Girardi's hand on this.

Alex Rodriguez reportedly ready to file malpractice suit against New York Yankees doctor Chris Ahmad over handling of hip injury in 2012 postseason - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

jicecone Tue Aug 20, 2013 09:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 902911)
Well, that bum may get on base, and even get a few timely hits. But it seems every day lately there's a new story to this guy's saga, and now it's against team management. Somebody may force Girardi's hand on this.

Alex Rodriguez reportedly ready to file malpractice suit against New York Yankees doctor Chris Ahmad over handling of hip injury in 2012 postseason - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

And your naive enough to believe "Team Management" and MLB because you read that somewhere.

MLB signed a CBA that says a players first offense will result in 50 games. Fact: ARod has never tested positive so why was he given 212 games against what the agreement MLB signed.

The agreement also states first offenders have a right to appeal. ARod may or may not have a first offense but he still has the right to appeal.

You have a right to your opinion but if you take verbatium what the "Team", MLB or Arod lawyers say, then I have to question your abilty to reason facts and not garbage some media guru is printing for a paycheck and notoriety.

PeteBooth Tue Aug 20, 2013 09:35am

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy6900 (Post 902894)

Ozzy I hear you but how come no-one threw at Bonds / McGuire / Sosa / Big Poppy/ Manny (Not Manny A) etc. etc.

Heck Big Poppy and Manny used to "kill" the Yanks and the Yanks for the most part never threw at them.

I am not an AROD fan but it seems as though he is taking the "brunt" of this UNLESS the players know for certain that he threw Braun and company under the bus.

Not to start a differerent topic but if the players want to rid this "steroid nonsense" then publish the list of some 90-100 players other then the ones we already know, come clean and move on. As long as that "list" is out there, MLB IMO will never get passed this.

There are some players aka Mike Piazza that didn't get into the Hall simply because someone suspects they did the juice. Same with Pullhose. Supply the list and lets move on.

Pete Booth

grunewar Tue Aug 20, 2013 02:21pm

MLB suspends Ryan Dempster 5 games for hitting A-Rod

JRutledge Tue Aug 20, 2013 02:37pm

I do not understand the reluctance to just dump these guys. It was obvious he was throwing at A-Rod. He should have gotten more games, but I can live with that suspension.

Peace

tjones1 Tue Aug 20, 2013 03:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 902954)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 902959)
I do not understand the reluctance to just dump these guys. It was obvious he was throwing at A-Rod. He should have gotten more games, but I can live with that suspension.

Peace

What equates to 1 game is BS, imo.

He should have been dumped. He had his chance to drill him "undetected" and he missed.

PeteBooth Wed Aug 21, 2013 07:38am

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 902959)

Peace

Agreed, Dempster getting a 5 game suspension is a joke. He doesn't miss a start. There should be different rules for pitcher's as opposed to position players.

Pete Booth