The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 19, 2000, 03:52am
Official Forum Member

Talking

I don't know if I'm the first to post a NEW topic on the NEW Forum board, but I'd like to think so.

All I've got to say is Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh! The Aussie Olympic baseball team has been beaten by BOTH the Japanese AND the Dutch!

Of course, right about now I'll bet there is some poor Korean fan whining "Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh! The Korean baseball team has been beaten by the Aussies!"

Oh well. "It's an ill wind..." and all that. The new board looks good and with my fat fingers the Preview button is certainly useful. Threaded format or flat? We'll see, eh?

Cheers,

Warren Willson
Old Tue Sep 19, 2000, 01:23pm

Send a message via AIM to Bradley Batt
The new board is still the "flat" format - not threaded... We searched for many solutions, but none included a threaded option. It seems that the flat format has pretty much taken over most discussion boards, even though there are some board that use the threaded approach. They do not have many of the newer features however.

We will continue to make improvements to the board and add features. If there is enough of a demand, a threaded option might be a possibility in the future.

This board is a great step in the right direction though. We will maintain this board, keeping all posts from day one (as we have done). It is an incredible resource, and with the new database driven board, searches are blazingly fast!

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, feel free to contact us.

[Edited by Bradley Batt on Sep 19th, 2000 at 08:43 PM]
Old Sat Sep 23, 2000, 03:42pm
Official Forum Member

Good looking format. But are the dates of the post out of whack or is it my computer? Warren's post on my computer reads 9-20 instead of the correct 9-23.

GarthB
Old Sat Sep 23, 2000, 07:22pm
Administrator

Do you mean this thread? Warren's post says "Sep 19th, 2000 03:52 AM" for me. I posted a thread in the test forum (and deleted it) and the time was exactly correct.

The default server time is CST, but you can change this by adding a value into the "Time Offset" field in your profile (Click the profile link next to the index card icon near the top right of the page).

Thanks,
Brad

Old Sun Sep 24, 2000, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Porter Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Porter
CST? Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bradley Batt
Do you mean this thread? Warren's post says "Sep 19th, 2000 03:52 AM" for me. I posted a thread in the test forum (and deleted it) and the time was exactly correct.

The default server time is CST, but you can change this by adding a value into the "Time Offset" field in your profile (Click the profile link next to the index card icon near the top right of the page).

Thanks,
Brad

Brad,

In my profile it tells me that the default server time is EST. Is that a mistake? Is it truly CST?
Old Sun Sep 24, 2000, 03:46pm
Official Forum Member

Update

Yes it is CST. But it does say EST when updating my profile. You might want to change that.
Old Sun Sep 24, 2000, 08:00pm
Administrator

Thanks for pointing that out Jim - it is fixed.
Old Sun Sep 24, 2000, 09:46pm
Official Forum Member

Brad - You da man!
Old Mon Oct 02, 2000, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

[

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, feel free to contact us.

Bradly, one of the problems is that you cannot tell whom is responding to whom on a given thread. Basically, the responses are in a "straight line" so to speak.

Basically, someone posts a thread and it is followed by varried commentary. IMO when someone responds to another persons thread, the comment should be listed right underneath.

Pete Booth
Old Tue Oct 03, 2000, 01:37am
Administrator

That is true - and it is one of the downsides of a "flat" message board, such as this one... You can quote another person's message easily - this can make things a little clearer.

We were unable to find a message board that met our requirements that was both flat and threaded (some people do actually prefer the flat format - it is certainly the most popular on the net).

We will continuously work towards improving the board - thanks for your suggestions and comments - we will keep them in mind.

Thanks,
Brad