The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jul 14, 2003, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

Pro rules, Legion Teams. Score 2-0. Team with lead has bases loaded 2 outs. Batter hits sinking liner to center field for hit, runner on 3rd scores, runner on 2nd misses 3rd base and scores, runner on 1st stops at 2nd base, batter stops at 1b.
Live ball. Manager of defensive teams yells at player to appeal the runner from 2nd missed 3rd base. player with ball steps on 3rd, plate umpire makes out call. Plate umpire rules runner at third base who scored counts and runner from 2nd base who scored does not count. Score now 3-0. Manager of defensive team tells plate umpire that he will protest the game unless score reverts back to 2-0. Tells PU that force play in effect since runner from 2nd base never touched 3rd base and run cannot score on force play to end inning. I'm FU and am observing discussion from between plate and mound. I ask PU to come out, away from defensive manager, and tell him I agree with manager; force play in effect no runs. PU changes call no runs scored. Offensive team manager protest game. we record protest and continue play. Leading team won 2-0 so no protest. I'm sure we got it right. ???
Old Mon Jul 14, 2003, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up YUP....

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffS
Pro rules, Legion Teams. Score 2-0. Team with lead has bases loaded 2 outs. Batter hits sinking liner to center field for hit, runner on 3rd scores, runner on 2nd misses 3rd base and scores, runner on 1st stops at 2nd base, batter stops at 1b.
Live ball. Manager of defensive teams yells at player to appeal the runner from 2nd missed 3rd base. player with ball steps on 3rd, plate umpire makes out call. Plate umpire rules runner at third base who scored counts and runner from 2nd base who scored does not count. Score now 3-0. Manager of defensive team tells plate umpire that he will protest the game unless score reverts back to 2-0. Tells PU that force play in effect since runner from 2nd base never touched 3rd base and run cannot score on force play to end inning. I'm FU and am observing discussion from between plate and mound. I ask PU to come out, away from defensive manager, and tell him I agree with manager; force play in effect no runs. PU changes call no runs scored. Offensive team manager protest game. we record protest and continue play. Leading team won 2-0 so no protest. I'm sure we got it right. ???
Old Mon Jul 14, 2003, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Not only did you nail the final decision, Jeff, but your actions as the BU were ideal in handling the situation from your perspective.

Just my opinion,

Freix