The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jul 11, 2003, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to wobster
Does anybody have a favorite place to get their umpires uniform/gear? I was instructed by one of our best officials in my area to check out honigs.com. They have a pretty good selection. Anybody have any other outlets they would like to share?
Old Fri Jul 11, 2003, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

http://www.zebraofficialsapparel.com/
Old Fri Jul 11, 2003, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

get the goods...

I get my goods from UMPATTIRE.COM

Mainly because I like thier pouches, but I've only tried a one or two places for actual gear, for other stuff, such as shirts, hats and pants, I go cheap...
Old Fri Jul 11, 2003, 09:46pm
Official Forum Member

Honigs is good, i prefer +POS though.

http://www.pluspos.com
http://www.honigs.com
Old Fri Jul 11, 2003, 10:19pm
Official Forum Member

Honigs is the best

nm
Old Sat Jul 12, 2003, 06:10am
Official Forum Member

http://www.gerrydavis.com

Old Sun Jul 13, 2003, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ref5678
honigs all the way, although it is personal ppreference. Great selection and good customer service. cant say the same for +pos
Old Sun Jul 13, 2003, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

thanks

Thanks for the info. I am going to be ordering a full set of equipment here in the next month or so.
Thanks again,

Chad
Old Sun Jul 13, 2003, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

Originally posted by wobster

Does anybody have a favorite place to get their umpires uniform/gear? I was instructed by one of our best officials in my area to check out honigs.com. They have a pretty good selection. Anybody have any other outlets they would like to share?

Question - Do you umpire HS ball?

If you umpire HS ball, normally there is a Prerequiste for the uniform. Example;

Here in NY we MUST wear the Navy Blue Kliff Kein Shirts with the N.Y. State LOGO on them. In addition, the Navy Blue Jacket again with the NY state LOGO on them.

For HS uniforms I order from a local supplier because the NY state patch plus the American Flag are supplied for you.

For the "other stuff" like Chest Protectors, Shin Guards etc. I order from Gerry Davis Sports because they deliver ON time and I never had a problem with them. I do order from Honigs as well and yes they are good as well.

Summary: If you umpire HS ball check with your HS association for uniforms. The HS association orders for the ENTIRE umpire group so that you get a break on the cost.

Pete Booth
Old Mon Jul 14, 2003, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

colors

the prerequisite here is navy with red and white trim. I will be doing a little bit of HS ball, but mostly LL. LL here has no preference on color, and I have seen almost every color and style of shirt out at our diamond.
Old Mon Jul 14, 2003, 08:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
I actually use three different suppliers for officiating needs. For me, it depends on the sport that I am ordering for. If it is basketball or football, I use honigs. If it is baseball, I will either Gerry Davis or +POS.
Old Mon Jul 14, 2003, 01:42pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Cliff Keen....

Quote:
Originally posted by PeteBooth
Originally posted by wobster

Question - Do you umpire HS ball?

If you umpire HS ball, normally there is a Prerequiste for the uniform. Example;

Here in NY we MUST wear the Navy Blue Kliff Kein Shirts with the N.Y. State LOGO on them. In addition, the Navy Blue Jacket again with the NY state LOGO on them.

For HS uniforms I order from a local supplier because the NY state patch plus the American Flag are supplied for you.

For the "other stuff" like Chest Protectors, Shin Guards etc. I order from Gerry Davis Sports because they deliver ON time and I never had a problem with them. I do order from Honigs as well and yes they are good as well.

Summary: If you umpire HS ball check with your HS association for uniforms. The HS association orders for the ENTIRE umpire group so that you get a break on the cost.

Pete Booth
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
They make some nice football stuff, but I am not too impresed with the baseball line. Logo-Athletic had the nicest navy shirts, don't care for the +Pos micro-mesh too much, trim colors fade real quick. Cotton shirts totally suck nails!!! Fechiemer pants are great, bummer no pleats. Honigs and Davis have great service, can't(and never will) say that for +POS....
Old Tue Jul 15, 2003, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
Thumbs up

Well fellow officials, I have to admit when I am wrong, and that is what I am doing today. In earlier reply to a similar topic, I posted that I was very impressed with +POS and that I would order from them again.

Unfortunatley, I will have to order from them again because of the fact they supply uniforms for minor league baseball and I am pursuing a career in umpiring at the major league level, however, if at all costs, I am going to avoid +POS in the future.

The service on my last two orders has been very, very poor and unprofessional. Emails never get replied too in a timely fashion, and it seems you get passed from person to person when you call them directly.

So, I agree with all the opinions of +POS.
Old Tue Jul 15, 2003, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to Bainer Send a message via Yahoo to Bainer
I like both Honigs and +POS.
I live in Ontario, Canada, and our options are limited. We have Honigs Canada in Hamilton, and Ward and Patch Sports near Toronto. Unfortunately, as far as the uniform goes, Ward and patch has the exclusive rights to our logos...But takes their time. So much so that some local associations have waived the OBA logo clause- we can't get it!
I have ordered from +POS a couple of times, and while it wasn't the best service, the stuff is great. Honigs is good too, but they really don't care much that isn't Honigs brand anymore....

Bainer.
Old Wed Jul 16, 2003, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

I too have heard that +POS is sort of slow when talking about phone/net orders and having them shipped to you...but when you live 20 minutes away its great. I call them up and its ready whenever I want it. If I were to go anywhere else it would be Honigs.