The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Yanks-O's Saturday/Game Ender (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/92367-yanks-os-saturday-game-ender.html)

aceholleran Sun Sep 09, 2012 03:55am

Yanks-O's Saturday/Game Ender

See the vid:
New York Yankees Mark Teixeira critical of umps on final out - ESPN New York

I really don't care who wins this game. Of course, ESPN anoints Tex as safe. He is a Yankee, after all.

BUT, at second blush, did Texiera miss 1B with his lead (i. e., right) hand? Perhaps arbiter Meals didn't kick this one.

Your fifths of a dime, group.

Ace, now in PA

maven Sun Sep 09, 2012 07:03am

That's worth watching just to see the Yankee crybabies do their thing.

Rich Ives Sun Sep 09, 2012 09:07am

Wonderful. Blowing a call royally is OK because it happened to the Yankees. Way to go impartial arbiters! You can call my games any time - not!

Dakota Sun Sep 09, 2012 09:29am

The replays on MLB.com are more clear... he was safe.

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=24617691&width=400&height=22 4&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

However, this is all you need to know about the Yankees, and especially Teixeira,
Quote:

Teixeira questioned the umpire crews' integrity.

"Sometimes you wonder if the umpires are just trying to get out of there," said Teixeira, who had argued a strike three call in the eighth. "They don't want you to make a comeback. They want to go home because those were terrible calls. It is what it is. We are out there fighting. I'm out there playing on one leg. I wish it had gone my way."

Teixeira already had argued with home-plate umpire Cory Blaser in the eighth when he thought a called third strike on a 3-2 pitch was "five or six inches outside."

aceholleran Sun Sep 09, 2012 01:08pm

I must admit that I DO enjoy the whines of the Evil Empre and its minions.

Hold onto your socks while you read this ultimate Yankee apologist; he's looking to hang the entire NYY collapse on this one call. Rarely have I seen such an absurd, illogical premise by a sportswriter.

D'Alessandro: If the Yankees lose the pennant by a game, an umpire's call will be the reason why | NJ.com

Ace in PA

dash_riprock Sun Sep 09, 2012 01:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceholleran (Post 853804)
Hold onto your socks while you read this ultimate Yankee apologist; he's looking to hang the entire NYY collapse on this one call. Rarely have I seen such an absurd, illogical premise by a sportswriter.

The premise is neither illogical nor absurd. If the Yanks miss the playoffs by a game, that call will be the reason. There will also be 70+ other equally logical reasons why they are playing golf in October.

I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Welpe Sun Sep 09, 2012 02:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Ives (Post 853772)
Wonderful. Blowing a call royally is OK because it happened to the Yankees. Way to go impartial arbiters! You can call my games any time - not!

Yes. Same as if it happened to the Dodgers.

Rich Sun Sep 09, 2012 02:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceholleran (Post 853804)
I must admit that I DO enjoy the whines of the Evil Empre and its minions.

D'Alessandro: If the Yankees lose the pennant by a game, an umpire's call will be the reason why | NJ.com

Ace in PA

Funny. It would've been a tie game. Quite a leap to say the Yankees WOULD'VE won, isn't it?

The only thing that makes me happier than whiny Yankees fans are whiny Cowboys fans.

Rich Ives Sun Sep 09, 2012 02:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 853817)
Funny. It would've been a tie game. Quite a leap to say the Yankees WOULD'VE won, isn't it?

The only thing that makes me happier than whiny Yankees fans are whiny Cowboys fans.

And if Buckner had made the play it would have been a tie game - in game 6.

Doesn't stop Sox fans for blaming the series loss on him.

grunewar Sun Sep 09, 2012 04:31pm

Not Hardly!

One of our local tv sports pundits said this was pay back for Jeffrey Maher..... as if! :eek:

Steven Tyler Sun Sep 09, 2012 05:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Ives (Post 853821)
And if Buckner had made the play it would have been a tie game - in game 6.

Doesn't stop Sox fans for blaming the series loss on him.

No it would have been the third out of the inning. The Sox would have won the Series. The error allowed two runs to score.

Steven Tyler Sun Sep 09, 2012 05:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 853817)

Cowboy fan since 1960. Win, lose, or draw, it's nothing I have control over, so I don't obsess over defeat. Just tired of Jerry Jones.

Rich Ives Sun Sep 09, 2012 05:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 853827)
One of our local tv sports pundits said this was pay back for Jeffrey Maher..... as if! :eek:

Richie Garcia made the Maier call. Are they getting even with him? :D

dash_riprock Sun Sep 09, 2012 05:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Tyler (Post 853837)
No it would have been the third out of the inning. The Sox would have won the Series. The error allowed two runs to score.

Nope. The game was tied, Ray Knight (winning run) was on 2nd when the ball went through Billy Buck's wicket.

Rita C Sun Sep 09, 2012 05:41pm

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...39503896_n.jpg