The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sat Jul 05, 2003, 09:58pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

PONY Bronco district all-stars, we got dead-ball areas by the dugouts, and a brick wall facing.R2, br hits to f6, f6 throws to f3, ball ricochets off f3's glove and hits dba then pops back into field of play off wall.I was on the dish and did not see, was checking r2 rounding third, r2 ends up getting hosed at the plate, I signal out. Offensive manager asks for time and tells me ball went into DBA, I check with pard and he says yes it went dead, but came right back out, so he did not kill it.Oh boy, I nullify the out, score the run and leave br at second.Defensive manager is livid, I explain that I feel his point is valid, but because the ball "came right back" does not circumvent the rule, he's not happy, teams getting it handed to them also.

Between innings he comes out to me, "The first base coach is not in full uniform, he doesn't have a hat on" I respond with, " you are gonna pick that booger??" He was adamant, got the PONY field director to handle this one....homey musta been really pissed.....