The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jul 05, 2003, 09:54pm
Official Forum Member

Using numbered lists doesn't make your job seem more important either. I would suggest conceding in the error of your ways.

btw, nice one Jicecone

in regards to #1, I honestly wasn't aware you had to keep track of that in youth ball, round my ways, we have the Scorekeepers and the coaches watching each other like hawks. So if you have actually do that, I commend you for your diligence.

#2. attitude reflects thought...

#3. you're right...but you dont shut them down...if YOU READ an earlier post, someone suggested that you say "I have already explained it to your manager..." Not necessarily in a hippie fru-fru nice way, but a tactful manner that is appropriate.

#4. Its not discussion, you just say what and why you did something. It could be as easy as a "20 second explanation"

#5. How is this comment useful to your argument. If you wanna talk about ejections, I've ejected 2 people in the past 4 years. More or less, it serves as no useful indication of your umpiring skills or otherwise. I tossed one kid for tagging a kid at home saying "You're OUT fat boy!" ...(of course he also dropped his shoulder, flipped the runner and broke his collarbone)

#6. Im sorry, that "no" comment went right over my head...but i'll agree with your eitherways on that.

finally...this argument is old, if you feel you need the last word on this topic, post away. But regardless, you have gotten PLENTY of feedback saying that you were in the wrong. (Im sure you expected the opposite.) also, I dont think of you as a "Bad" ump either. I know plenty of guys with short fuses, and some that take alot of crap on the fields.

But whenever we make a decision, we should ask ourselves...is this action for the good of the game, and not the game of baseball exclusively, but the game which includes, the community and most importantly, the kids who play the game.