Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 22, 2012, 11:22pm
In Time Out

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
I take back what I said about the batter earlier. After the game he would not comment to the press, giving the moment back to the pitcher. So maybe he did have some class, even if he initially complained. I still think that was not appropriate, though.
The Batter acted like a crass child who should be lectured with the utmost sharpness by his Manager. How dare he throw a tantrum when he clearly played the arseclown on the final pitch.

DG, do not let him off so easily. I, in a way, am ashamed of you.
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 12:30am
Official Forum Member

Blues keeping my M's down now for nearly 35 years, just another dagger..and late inning rally stolen.......did we all forget "two out's. so what?Okay made ya look.

Nah, blue thinks ya went, guess what? Ya went.
I think the kid really believed that was ball 4.

Blue shoulda waited for the appeal though,, been a great one to throw a pard under the bus.
Hey, just history on the line. Did he go?

In the still, I wish we could see blues eyes, does he give up on that pitch and stay with the batter? Or follow the ball what 3' outside and in the dirt? I know watching the replay in full speed I followed the ball.

Mechanically speaking blue must have some pretty good peripheral, and should probably do this for a living. Seems it shoula/coulda skewed his angle of the bat?

But hey, it's a PERFECTO.. Those other 26 outs had a lot more to do with it than "this one."
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 12:45am
Official Forum Member

In this situation, the batter has two options: (1) Keep the bat on your shoulders; (2) Get caught swinging. He chose the latter.
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 10:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundedlikeastrike View Post
Blues keeping my M's down now for nearly 35 years, just another dagger..and late inning rally stolen.......did we all forget "two out's. so what?Okay made ya look.

Blue shoulda waited for the appeal though,, been a great one to throw a pard under the bus.

In the still, I wish we could see blues eyes, does he give up on that pitch and stay with the batter? Or follow the ball what 3' outside and in the dirt? I know watching the replay in full speed I followed the ball.

Mechanically speaking blue must have some pretty good peripheral, and should probably do this for a living. Seems it shoula/coulda skewed his angle of the bat?

But hey, it's a PERFECTO.. Those other 26 outs had a lot more to do with it than "this one."
Every time I watch the replay, he offers at the pitch. Never changes. As Mark Grant would say, "If he hits it it's a double."
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 10:55am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundedlikeastrike View Post

Who is this "blue" you keep referring to? A dog?