The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 16, 2003, 10:31pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Senor Peter makes some great points, #1, his assc has some BS protocal, #2 he IS For sure locked up in the good ol boy system...BUMMER. I like the fact that Peter puts up and does not shut up, he calls the game as it should be and takes the flak wether he should or not.
Part 6, he is calling the "don't ask for help guys" bullheaded, and rightly so.(this pertains to the check swing ONLY)

The way I look at this is, "Gee, lessee, I sez he no go, BALL. Defense is crying "ask...yada..yada.." I point(with the left hand, of course) "DID HE GO!!!" BU answers with a "YES< HE WENT", Hey batter, bal is now a strike....2-2. Coach cometh to yell at me....see ya! Coach go to pard, I'll keep others from joining the fracas, but the ball is in his court now. 99.9 percent of the time, check swing appeal for help is non-contested, everybody is happy as a closed up clam.
Bottom line...appease the skippys with this one, and look at the bright side....BU turns a BALL into a SRTRIKE! Get on and play on.....
Old Tue Jun 17, 2003, 01:13am
Official Forum Member

Talking Damn

I thought this thread was going to about an aging British rock star, not an aging eastern umpire.
Old Tue Jun 17, 2003, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

Actually, I thought it was about a Mexican umpire named Peter, but then I realized it was about a magician named BU.

"BU turns a BALL into a SRTRIKE"