The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 13, 2003, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Heard bout this Sunday morning......ump works across the street from me at Jag dealership. His story was a bit different yesterday.....

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/mo...al/5849410.htm
Old Wed May 14, 2003, 01:12am
Official Forum Member

I umpired a league championship game yesterday in Largo florida. I ejected a kid in the 5th inning after he had been crying and screaming about a call I made in the 4th. After the end of the 5th and 1 thrown bat later, He was gone. After the game, I was at my truck getting out of my cheast protector and a lady asked me if the rules state that a child has to be warned before he was ejected. At this point I knew I sould have anwsered her question as I was getting in the truck to leave. But I anwsered her question and Mom was mad. She told me the reason her son was mad was because he was safe. I told her that she was entitled to her opinion. Then dad got in on it just tring to be rude. For a minute I thought I would have to fight both of them. I now know why their kid is so bad. Anyway, the best thing for umpires to do, especially in a heated game is to leave the ballpark as fast as possible and do not under any reasons, talk to parents.
Old Wed May 14, 2003, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

To add to "fairump"...we always park next to our partners at the ball park. This way...if there ever is a problem...you have back-up and a witness. Parents expect umpires to be perfect all the time, but yet they allow their own children to act like a spoiled 2 yr old all the time. The biggest thing this great game is missing is "RESPECT". Players must respect the game and those involved in the game. And by tossing a bat and cussing at the umpire is total disrespect for the game that we all love.