The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 04:43pm
Official Forum Member

Tim -
I don't thnk I used the term "legal lead". The original post cited the runner as walking towards the foul pole. This implies that the runners back is turned to the infield and he is not concerned with what is happening behind him. This could constitute abandonment. He is not attempting to get a "lead" and he is not returning to a base. If he is on the foul side of the line he is clearly walking away from 2nd. If he is on the fair side he could be getting a lead. It depends on the angle he is taking in his walk. If he continues towards the foul pole though, there is again, no attempt to advance.
If he is backing out of the infield, this would change things. He is now concerned with what is happening so I would be more lenient with where he goes. If he continues to back away from the infield and into foul territory, I could then call abandonment.
The key to me in this situation is, "Which way is he moving?", somewhat towards 2nd or away. If away then I could call abandonment.
This is one of those "had to be there's".
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Tee,
Stuff it up your $$$ You know what I think? well I'm not going to say it on an open forum.

Does FED require us to wear the ASHAA approved clothing? Does ASHAA follow FED mechanics?

So Tee, do what you will in the great NW and we'll do it our way down here. When you coming down for pig,s feet and PBR????

Will
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 05:50pm
Official Forum Member

Talking Oh My!

I'm thinking that the most meaningful comment of this discussion is the following:

Quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye12
... where R1 leads off towards the RF foul pole, can the pitcher attempt a pickoff to F9?
This really cracked me up.

To address the situation. A large percentage of the teams I see are so uncertain of their abilities that they let R1 advance to 2nd without a throw. Those that are more confident, would NOT be distracted by this tactic enough to allow R3 to score.

I think it is kind of funny .... especially that part about the right fielder chasing the runner around trying to tag him. It's too much man.... I can't handle it.

Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 07:01pm
Official Forum Member

Will,

Can I wear my plate coat . . . ?

I really want to come and meet you, BD and Jordan.

Soon I hope!!!!

Tee