Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 09, 2011, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Honig's Under Armour Helmet

Came across this today when browsing:

Honig's Whistle Stop - ASM25UA - UNDER ARMOUR SOLID PRO HEAD GEAR HELMET

This was discussed earlier and straight from Brad @ All Star Sports, the UA helmet is just an All Star helmet with a UA logo on it sold at a higher price. Looks like its this helmet from UA:

All Star System 7 Umpire Helmet: Ump Attire

This might be more silly than last year's shirts made in Pakistan
Old Wed Feb 09, 2011, 02:42pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Good post...yep, looks pretty much the same!
Old Wed Feb 09, 2011, 03:10pm
M.A.S.H.

Caught this last weekend when I was doing some searching... didn't have time to drill down into it; however, with pictures of UA's and AS's side-by-side I took about 10 different points and compared and couldn't find a difference.

Thanks for posting... saved me a little digging.
Old Wed Feb 09, 2011, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1 View Post
Caught this last weekend when I was doing some searching... didn't have time to drill down into it; however, with pictures of UA's and AS's side-by-side I took about 10 different points and compared and couldn't find a difference.

Thanks for posting... saved me a little digging.
Not to rehash but Brad Jurga said they are the same with just a UA logo on them.

Years ago I went to Honig's for everything. In the last few years, all my gear is Wilson that I purchased from Ump-Attire or Lester's, I recently bought a Majestic Therma Base jacket from a small online retailer. Besides the Poly Wool slacks, theres nothing I consider a must have from them. I think you can make a strong case that they just dont "get it" like they used to.

A few years ago I emailed them and thought it would be a good idea to carry a heavyweight jacket (like the Thermabase before it came out) because I was sick of layering in the extreme cold and having limited mobility. They missed a good opportunity to beat Majestic to the punch and develop their own jacket and also to offer a black jacket with white shoulder piping like everybody was requesting when Majestic came out with the MLB polo blue jacket.

IMO, gotta give some credit to Jim Kirk for really having his finger on what guys want & like (for the most part.) I cant remember the last time I heard people talk about Gerry Davis Sports either.

OK...Im done now
Old Wed Feb 09, 2011, 06:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm21711 View Post
Not to rehash but Brad Jurga said they are the same with just a UA logo on them.

Years ago I went to Honig's for everything. In the last few years, all my gear is Wilson that I purchased from Ump-Attire or Lester's, I recently bought a Majestic Therma Base jacket from a small online retailer. Besides the Poly Wool slacks, theres nothing I consider a must have from them. I think you can make a strong case that they just dont "get it" like they used to.

A few years ago I emailed them and thought it would be a good idea to carry a heavyweight jacket (like the Thermabase before it came out) because I was sick of layering in the extreme cold and having limited mobility. They missed a good opportunity to beat Majestic to the punch and develop their own jacket and also to offer a black jacket with white shoulder piping like everybody was requesting when Majestic came out with the MLB polo blue jacket.

IMO, gotta give some credit to Jim Kirk for really having his finger on what guys want & like (for the most part.) I cant remember the last time I heard people talk about Gerry Davis Sports either.

OK...Im done now
What did you pay for the jacket?
Old Wed Feb 09, 2011, 08:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
What did you pay for the jacket?
$70. Got it from Baseball Savings.com when they had 10% off. Its only $78 there right now I think.
Old Wed Feb 09, 2011, 10:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm21711 View Post
$70. Got it from Baseball Savings.com when they had 10% off. Its only $78 there right now I think.
Cool, I am buying 4 with embroidery next season and wanted to know my approximate cost. Thanks.
Old Sat Feb 12, 2011, 09:37am
Veteran College Umpire

Majestic has that jacket 20% off the regular $79 price today. It's a nice enough looking jacket but I'd like to get it in solid black with the "over the shoulder" piping that we have to wear in the conferences I work. I guess I have to stay with that layered look!

JJ
Old Tue Feb 22, 2011, 07:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to BK47
I'm wanting to get a new titanium, or at least hollow bar mask. Where else besides Honigs and GD can I look for deals?

Thanks Guys.