The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Aug 26, 2010, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=Mrumpiresir;690354]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUmp View Post

Are you not following the posts on this thread?

OK. Since you did not see the play, the runner definitely had not reached first when the throw was made by the second baseman after recieving the throw from the SS. A no brainer for any serious umpire.

As far as routine calls badly missed, I guess you just weren't watching.

You did not see these games and are trying to defend these guys because you feel I am simply bashing them.

So tell me, How can you make an intelligent argument about things you did not see?
Yes I am following the posts.

I asked a legit question about the base award call...I didn't disagree with you that maybe they kicked it....I asked for more info. on the play. You answer the question, and then slam the umpires. You've never seen a "serious umpire" boot a call or a ruling?

I've been watching the games, but I'm unable watch every inning of every game on ESPN....I guess you can.

I'm defending the notion that umpires need to be treated with respect from fellow umpires.

And lets make no mistake...all you are doing is bashing them. You've done nothing but bash them since your first post.

Your attitude toward other umpires is no better than that of a rat coach. Do you cop the same arrogant throw 'em under the bus attitude with the umpires in your local association? Never mind, I already know the answer.
Old Thu Aug 26, 2010, 09:21pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=KJUmp;690359]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrumpiresir View Post

Yes I am following the posts.

I asked a legit question about the base award call...I didn't disagree with you that maybe they kicked it....I asked for more info. on the play. You answer the question, and then slam the umpires. You've never seen a "serious umpire" boot a call or a ruling?

I've been watching the games, but I'm unable watch every inning of every game on ESPN....I guess you can.

I'm defending the notion that umpires need to be treated with respect from fellow umpires.

And lets make no mistake...all you are doing is bashing them. You've done nothing but bash them since your first post.

Your attitude toward other umpires is no better than that of a rat coach. Do you cop the same arrogant throw 'em under the bus attitude with the umpires in your local association? Never mind, I already know the answer.
This is getting ridiculous. I pointed out the errors they made. There really is no argument that they did not do a good job as evidenced by the number of serious umpires that have made posts here agreeing to that fact. And yes it is a fact.

Respect is earned. You do not get respect simply because you have a title. I respect every umpire who works to learn the rules and mechanics required to be the best umpire he can be. We've seen some umpires in this series that obviously haven't done this. They have not earned my respect by making themselves and all umpires look bad.

I retired from the US military and don't work full time, so yes, I have time to sit and watch games. I think I earned this time.

I don't throw my fellow umpires under the bus, I tend to explain ways they may do something better, but this seldom happens because they are far better trained than the umpires we've seen in the LLWS.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited by Mrumpiresir; Thu Aug 26, 2010 at 10:17pm.
Old Thu Aug 26, 2010, 09:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
asdf:
post #62.

I'm already catching enough heat on what I've posted.
Deservedly So.
Old Thu Aug 26, 2010, 09:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
So what does that mean? that it's OK for you to attribute a quote to me that I did not post?
It's not my quote. Clearly you can see that. (I hope).
Obviously, you did something the rest of us don't do when we reply post a reply quoting a poster.
Don't misquote people and then brush it off as no big deal.
Ok Einstein, I hit the quote button (just like I did here)...... and what was in the post popped up.

I didn't edit anything, nor did I insinuate anything.

I added a comment that was critical of a mechanic used by more than one umpire this week.

If you have a problem with the quote button, take it up with the board administrator.

psst...... It's not a big deal

Last edited by asdf; Thu Aug 26, 2010 at 09:53pm.
Old Fri Aug 27, 2010, 08:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
And depending on your race, gender, sport or association can change a lot of those things as well.

I have never been asked to remove facial hair except in one conference in basketball. Everyone else has not said a word about it to me or others like me that I am aware of. And this is really not the case at the high school level. Guys wear all kinds of things at the high school level.

Peace

I have had to, in the past, ask partners to remove their (sometimes multiple) earrings before we hit the field.
Old Fri Aug 27, 2010, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan View Post
I have had to, in the past, ask partners to remove their (sometimes multiple) earrings before we hit the field.
We should never were earrings out...unless they are in your goatee...then it is okay for some folks.