The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Gear bag...

Those who travel alot with their gear, what gear bag do you use, does it suit you, and would you reccommend it?

I'm up in the air between the basic Honig's bag and the Force3 bag, so particularly interested in reviews of those.
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

I use the Force3 bag. I have not used the others so I cannot comment on those, but the Force3 bag is an excellent piece of equipment. This bag is the updated, redesigned JEAPU bag. They use better zippers, have new, more durible wheels and have added strength to the bottom and sides. This bag holds all that I need for any trip. I highly recommend it.
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

I have the 36” Ultimate Bag. Love it. It's a little big for the trunk of the new car but it has room for everything (Equipment, clothing, etc)

-Josh
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpTTS43 View Post
I use the Force3 bag. I have not used the others so I cannot comment on those, but the Force3 bag is an excellent piece of equipment. This bag is the updated, redesigned JEAPU bag. They use better zippers, have new, more durible wheels and have added strength to the bottom and sides. This bag holds all that I need for any trip. I highly recommend it.
This is the credited response.

And while you're at it, try the Force3 socks. I picked up a pair last week, they are the most comfortable socks I've ever worn. I've worn them to work this week!
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 12:21pm
Official Forum Member

I use the Diamond 30" bag and really llike it. Review
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 09:25pm
Official Forum Member

I use a large suitcase with pullup handle and wheels, like you see in the airport. I got it, along with 2 smaller pieces in a 3 piece luggage set for $50. It stays in my car trunk mostly, but if it needs to come out and move I can roll it along.
Old Thu Apr 01, 2010, 03:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
I use a large suitcase with pullup handle and wheels, like you see in the airport. I got it, along with 2 smaller pieces in a 3 piece luggage set for $50. It stays in my car trunk mostly, but if it needs to come out and move I can roll it along.
Very similar to my setup. When I was in Tunica, MS last year for my anniversary, we stopped at an outlet mall. There was a clothing store that had suitcases in the back. I found one for $20 (RETAIL $120!!!!! BUY NOW!!!!) that seemed wide enough and deep enough for everything, plus a side pocket to hold the smaller things and a smaller pocket to hold line-up card and pens. I wasn't sure it would hold my gear perfectly, but my wife talked me into buying it ("After all, honey, it would still work as a normal suitcase). It fit everything... until I bought the Platinum this year.

It's got wheels and an extendable handle. For $20, I can't complain.
Old Thu Apr 01, 2010, 08:23am
Official Forum Member

You might try the brand of umpire bag that didn't require modifications and improvements to make it of standard quality and worth the price: The Diamond.

I have punished it year-round for years now, and it's still performing beautifully.
Old Thu Apr 01, 2010, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Kevin, we are going to get you to like one thing Jim Evans and not take subtle digs at it. I'm passing around the collection plate, we are getting you a pair of those socks. You won't pay anything. Will you accept?
Old Thu Apr 01, 2010, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

I have used and abused my Evans bag for the past two years with no problems or failures.

I will give it a greater test this year taking it on the road for an extended time. I expect it will continue to perform as it has in the past.
Old Thu Apr 01, 2010, 12:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
You might try the brand of umpire bag that didn't require modifications and improvements to make it of standard quality and worth the price: The Diamond.

I have punished it year-round for years now, and it's still performing beautifully.
I know some people had zipper problems, I never had any during my two pro seasons. I'm sure the diamond bag's first version wasn't perfect, either, and the newer updated Force3 seems to have addressed all the major complaints. But go with what works for you.
Old Thu Apr 01, 2010, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

I use 2 large clear tupperware style containers ($6.00) along with a clothes bar ($9.00) in the back of my Chevy Tahoe (14 MPG).... Works GREAT since I only do HS Maybe some day I will need one of those fancy suitcases you guys are talking about.
Old Thu Apr 01, 2010, 08:18pm
Veteran College Umpire

I won mine (a regular suitcase) in a golf outing in 1987, and it's been with me around the States and the world, including 5 D-1 Regionals. Still "suits" me...

JJ
Old Thu Apr 01, 2010, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11 View Post
Kevin, we are going to get you to like one thing Jim Evans and not take subtle digs at it. I'm passing around the collection plate, we are getting you a pair of those socks. You won't pay anything. Will you accept?
Now you've done it, Tuss. Be prepared for your face-full of outrage....
Old Sat Apr 03, 2010, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

I have the Wilson bag. I like it.

Wilson Umpire Equipment Gear Bag: Ump Attire