The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jul 28, 2002, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to FVB_Ryan
A little bit off topic to the usual rule interps and stuff that are on the board, but I read this article (see url) a long time ago, and recently came across it again. I just about fell out of my chair laughing when he talks about the AAA Manager that wanted to get ejected but made the point of showing that he was in no way upset with the umpire. Anyone else have any humorous stories at all similar to this?

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/of...mcclelland.jsp
Old Sun Jul 28, 2002, 04:16pm
Veteran College Umpire

After a "discussion" that took a bit too long, my partner ejected the coach. The coach asked why he was being ejected, and my partner replied, "Animal cruelty." The coach said, "Animal cruelty?". My partner said, "Yep. Beating a dead horse!"

Old Mon Jul 29, 2002, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

AA Minor league in the south. Hot summer night, home team has nickel beer appreciation night. First pitch of the game home team manager argues with umps call, 2nd pitch manager argues with call. PU calls time goes over to talk to manager tells him "I know you want me to eject you so you can drink nickel beer so you might as well keep your mouth shut because I won't eject you". In the bottom of the 6th inning the pa announcer announces that they are out of beer. PU calls time and ejects home team manager!!
Old Mon Jul 29, 2002, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Back in the day when i was but a youngster, I was working a pretty high level game for my experience. I'm on the dish.

As the pitch is thrown to the righty, a beach ball bounces into left field. Only the left fielder and I see this. the batter grounds weekly to second to end the inning.

The coach argues that I should have killed the ball because of the beach ball. After i explain that it had absolutely no baring on the play, the coach turns and says "You Melon Head" as if calling me a cute name would keep him in the game.

After his ejection the cute names ceased and I heard every 4 letter word this guy had in his vocabulary.
Old Tue Jul 30, 2002, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Senior mens game in town. Absoulute nightmare for the home side. Down 6-0 after one, 9-1 after two, 12-1 after three.

Close play at the plate prompts home team manager to pop out of the dugout. Arms flailing, he runs up one side of my head and down the other, obviously looking to get the flush so he can leaveand head down to the beer garden.

I know he's trying to push my buttons, but after a reasonable amount of argueing, I say to him...

"Skipper, if I have to stay and watch a game like this...then you have to stay and watch a game like this."

Shoulders slumped, he heads back to the dugout.