The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 15, 2009, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Don't worry, guys. I have to admit that his comment made me laugh for one reason: I'm not the one with "flower" in my user name.

Such comments don't faze me. I'm used to hearing them from my middle school students whom I teach.

Though I do believe the child is setting himself up for being banned.
Old Fri May 15, 2009, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalblue1 View Post
No one there except the umpire & F2 to hit.
F2 wasn't there anyway -- he was trotting back to his dugout.

I have to admit, though, Ozzie's reaction for Dye's ejection was funny. It seemed almost like "Let me keep my player from getting.... never mind."
Old Fri May 15, 2009, 09:59pm
Official Forum Member

Dye 5 games, 1 and an apology after appeal.

and in my opinion Dimuro 1. I don't know what Guillen said, but PU definately said a "magic" word in my book, When he took off his mask and turned towards the dugout he let out a "BS" and that violates the code of professionalism in my opinion. He didn't let a dying play die. And in my opinion he went looking for Guillen.

Now all of that is my opinion, and you can call me whatever you want... but I can tell you this...If I did what DiMuro did I'm getting dinged. Now if Guillen was dropping f-bombs over there about my strikezone then yeah he's gotta go, but I'm still getting dinged if I say anything close to "Bull you-know-what-comes-next"
Old Fri May 15, 2009, 10:02pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. View Post

and in my opinion Dimuro 1. I don't know what Guillen said, but PU definately said a "magic" word in my book, When he took off his mask and turned towards the dugout he let out a "BS" and that violates the code of professionalism in my opinion. He didn't let a dying play die. And in my opinion he went looking for Guillen.

Now all of that is my opinion, and you can call me whatever you want... but I can tell you this...If I did what DiMuro did I'm getting dinged. Now if Guillen was dropping f-bombs over there about my strikezone then yeah he's gotta go, but I'm still getting dinged if I say anything close to "Bull you-know-what-comes-next"
Well, the words used in the major leagues are just a bit, umm, different than the games you work.
Old Fri May 15, 2009, 11:08pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Well, the words used in the major leagues are just a bit, umm, different than the games you work.
Bullshizt and poppy cock are interchangable at the MLB level.
Old Fri May 15, 2009, 11:46pm

Quote:
I don't know what Guillen said, but PU definately said a "magic" word in my book, When he took off his mask and turned towards the dugout he let out a "BS" and that violates the code of professionalism in my opinion.
It's baseball, not church, Reverend.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sat May 16, 2009, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Nobody with any experience working higher level ball will take this comment seriously.
Old Sat May 16, 2009, 12:49pm
Stop staring at me swan.

higher level ball for the purposes of this discussion = > FED
Old Sat May 16, 2009, 05:02pm
Official Forum Member

I said, don't touch me.

I'm no fanboy of MLB.com but there seems to be a number of manager ejections for arguing balls and strikes on the MLB website today. BTW, one video of a MLB batter after he is punched out shows him turn away from the plate and slam his bat into the ground. Here comes the manager, running right past the player to argue balls and strikes with the umpire. Those highlights often cut away before the broadcasters continue to "dig up some dirt" on the umpire.

More and more umpires are showing up on video replays. Is this a growing trend or just coincidence? I don't remember so many confrontations happening in such a short amount of time before the MLB/ESPN/Gameboy agreement. It appears that the powers that be do not want to stamp out these meaningless confrontations, thus leaving the umpire to carry the dirty end of the stick every single time.

Last edited by SAump; Sat May 16, 2009 at 05:52pm.