The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Me and the Cup (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/52112-me-cup.html)

cardinalfan Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:07pm

Me and the Cup

To follow up on a lengthy discussion we had recently.
I did a high school doubleheader today. I did the bases the first game, plate in the second. My first experience with wearing a cup on the bases.
Not sure I can get used to it. I was uncomfortable, to say the least.
I may just learn to cover up & take my chances!

briancurtin Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:28pm

ok...?

ODJ Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:40pm

You do not need to wear a cup on the bases. The odds of a ball hitting you (from whatever velocity) is remote. And a quick turn of the hip solves the problem.

briancurtin Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODJ (Post 586158)
You do not need to wear a cup on the bases. The odds of a ball hitting you (from whatever velocity) is remote. And a quick turn of the hip solves the problem.

...and when you <i>do</i> get hit in the balls?

cardinalfan Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:15am

We had about a five-page thread earlier on this topic. I had decided to try the cup because I got hit in the state playoffs last year.

We heard both sides of the argument, and I was open-minded. After today, I realized with the cup, I would need to buy stock in Gold Bond Powder.

Umpmazza Sat Mar 07, 2009 01:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalfan (Post 586169)
We had about a five-page thread earlier on this topic. I had decided to try the cup because I got hit in the state playoffs last year.

We heard both sides of the argument, and I was open-minded. After today, I realized with the cup, I would need to buy stock in Gold Bond Powder.

Here you go..

http://forum.officiating.com/basebal...-while-bu.html

bob jenkins Sat Mar 07, 2009 02:27pm

Quote:

Then you're wearing it wrong.

Arnold A. Sat Mar 07, 2009 07:36pm

Quote:

I would hate getting hit in the state playoffs ! I'm wearing my cup from now on.

cardinalfan Sat Mar 07, 2009 09:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 586247)

That's part of it. I wore out my best pair of compression tights, and I can't find another pair that fit as well as they did.

DonInKansas Sun Mar 08, 2009 07:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 586247)

Upside down?:confused:

Or maybe inside out? Yikes.:eek:

tballump Sun Mar 08, 2009 09:58am

Like I said, I didn't know whether to wear one or not that time I went to a clinic. However, after bruising my tallywhacker with my thumbs from that hands on knees position in the morning, I went out and bought a pair of regular compressiong shorts and jock with banana cup to go over the shorts and solved the problem for the afternoon.

griff901c Sun Mar 08, 2009 01:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tballump (Post 586376)
Like I said, I didn't know whether to wear one or not that time I went to a clinic. However, after bruising my tallywhacker with my thumbs from that hands on knees position in the morning, I went out and bought a pair of regular compressiong shorts and jock with banana cup to go over the shorts and solved the problem for the afternoon.

I feel so.....................inadequate

JRutledge Sun Mar 08, 2009 03:28pm

Like I said in the last post, I see no need to wear a cup on the bases. If that is my concern, I should wear one in football or basketball seasons. I have a greater chance of getting hit "there" than I do in baseball while on the bases.

Peace

LDUB Sun Mar 08, 2009 04:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 586441)
Like I said in the last post, I see no need to wear a cup on the bases. If that is my concern, I should wear one in football or basketball seasons. I have a greater chance of getting hit "there" than I do in baseball while on the bases.

Peace

Getting hit with even a basketball that was thrown hard is no where near as bad as getting hit with a line drive batted ball.

umpduck11 Sun Mar 08, 2009 04:31pm

Quote:

I had decided to try the cup because I got hit in the state playoffs last year.

Is that what you kids are calling them now ?? :D