The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 12, 2002, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

In 1-1-5 FED states each helmet will display "the NOCSAE stamp and the exterior warning statement"
Seems relatively simple, but in FED nothing is. Does the warning statement have to be on the outside of the helmet? On the pregame inspection I found several helmets with the warning statement on the inside of the helmet. Should I have disqualified these helmets from the game? I had already disqualified two helmets without the NOCSAE stamp.
Old Fri Apr 12, 2002, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by David Van Milligen
In 1-1-5 FED states each helmet will display "the NOCSAE stamp and the exterior warning statement"
Seems relatively simple, but in FED nothing is. Does the warning statement have to be on the outside of the helmet? On the pregame inspection I found several helmets with the warning statement on the inside of the helmet. Should I have disqualified these helmets from the game? I had already disqualified two helmets without the NOCSAE stamp.
I assume this was a sticker -- someone just put it on the wrong side (some well meaning coach / equipment manager who didn't want to ruin the "look" of the helmet).

I'd allow the helmet to be used.