The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 30, 2008, 08:40pm
Official Forum Member

Weirdness

Things always get wrapped a little tighter in district play but had an interesting play and conversation tonite. Game has gone back and forth now we are at the bottom of the sixth and it is 11-13 home team leads. (84 degrees wind gusting to 50, fires in the mountains, and dry as a bone)

Runners at first and second, 1 out, 1 and 2, pitch in the dirt is swung at and missed, batter takes off for first, I come out and say Batters out batters out. Catcher throws to first as runners are off the bag the catcher is yelling for the tag and the AC of visiting team is yelling about a dead ball?????
Runners advance to second and third now AC is out of the dugout saying this is a dead ball. I tell its not and move back to behind the plate, now the HC of the home team asks me isn't this a dead ball. Ask both of them that if it had been a ball to the backstop and the batter swung would you want me to move the runners back. Light went on for home team, not for visitors.

Never had an OC want to move them back. No more scoring. Good competitive game difficult fielding in the breeze