The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 31, 2007, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

+pos

While comparing prices for a couple of items I need for next year, I was unable to access the +POS website. It has been down for a few days now. Have they gone out of business, or are they just performing maintenance?
Old Wed Oct 31, 2007, 10:34pm
Official Forum Member

Their entire inventory is on back-order.
Old Wed Oct 31, 2007, 11:20pm
M.A.S.H.

Actually I remember checking their site a couple weeks ago. So it's been down for a while...they might have went under. However, I would in some sense find that hard to believe, even though their CS hasn't been the best to me or others, because they were the supplier of Minor League Baseball.

Who knows...
Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 09:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsbvb83
While comparing prices for a couple of items I need for next year, I was unable to access the +POS website. It has been down for a few days now. Have they gone out of business, or are they just performing maintenance?
A friend of mine went to a popular restaurant chain restaurant the other night when he was out of town on business. After being seated at a table he waited 10 minutes or so to be waited on. Then he got up and walked out.

You can't even get in the door, much less be given a menu promptly. Find another restaurant.
Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 10:33pm
Official Forum Member

One of our umpires is also an equipment supplier. According to him +POS has gone under.
Old Thu Nov 01, 2007, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhern
One of our umpires is also an equipment supplier. According to him +POS has gone under.
This would be no surprise since they never understood the Internet e-commerce world with any concept of how to survive.
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 01:23am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Ump
This would be no surprise since they never understood the Internet e-commerce world with any concept of how to survive.
Honigs whose site sux iguanaballs, figured this out and they have geographic distibutors on top of e-commerce. Ump-attire whose site has gone from kiddie to decent took that route early on. Even the MLB umps have decent sites.
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

I've never had a problem with the Honig's site, and my orders always arrive two days after I click the payment button.

+POS went on a spiral after the owner, and I can't remember her name, passed away. They kids had no clue on how to run the operation. Pity, I will miss their Joe Brinkman scraper/plate brushes and long sleeved, lined jerseys. What I won't miss is them constantly lying to customers.
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

They kids had no clue on how to run the operation.

I didn't know it was the kids, but whoever it was was certainly incompetent. I got the feeling that they had no idea what they were talking about, even with something as simple as shoelaces. I felt that they were making up anything they could to get me off the phone. Not good retail practice when somebody calls and says, "I want to place an order."

Pity, I will miss their Joe Brinkman scraper/plate brushes and long sleeved, lined jerseys.

I will miss the all-cotton shirts. They came only in the dark blue with red trim, though. Good thing I bought a drawer full.

What I won't miss is them constantly lying to customers.

I was in retail for 10 years and can detect retailers' lies instantly. The +POS people told amateurish lies.
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Ok,

Even when Sylvia was alive they had HUGE customer service issues.

I am sure that the main factor (as already ponted out here) was their inability to understand the concept and the power of internet suppliers.

It is a shame as they were one of the first and better outlets for professionally designed officials equipment.

I am sure they will be missed as much as a small blip on a radar screen.

Regards,
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 11:27am
Veteran College Umpire

So, where am I going to get my new pair of +POS plate shoes for 2008?

JJ
Old Fri Nov 02, 2007, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

May I suggest "Between the Lines" (www.btlofficialsgear.com) as an excellent alternative to Honigs?

Rex Mehroff, the founder and owner, is very "Official/Umpire and customer oriented" and will work directly with you for anything you need. You can e-mail Rex directly, speak to him on the phone personally or simply order online.

If you're a member of the WBUA (www.wbua.org), you can even get a 7% discount on most items.

Jerry
Old Sat Nov 03, 2007, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
May I suggest "Between the Lines" (www.btlofficialsgear.com) as an excellent alternative to Honigs?

Rex Mehroff, the founder and owner, is very "Official/Umpire and customer oriented" and will work directly with you for anything you need. You can e-mail Rex directly, speak to him on the phone personally or simply order online.

If you're a member of the WBUA (www.wbua.org), you can even get a 7% discount on most items.

Jerry
I have found BTL's prices higher than other places and those other places had equal to better customer service. I dont use BTL anymore.
Old Sun Nov 04, 2007, 06:14pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm21711
I have found BTL's prices higher than other places and those other places had equal to better customer service. I dont use BTL anymore.
I have found this true too for some things. However, they have a price matching policy. All ya gotta do is ask...
Old Mon Nov 05, 2007, 05:50am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry

Jerry
I also found him to be brusque at times on the phone and in a hurry to complete the transaction so he could get back to doing everything else around there.

I'll stick with Honig's, who always give me their NASO discount and are happy for me to call my order in.