The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 23, 2007, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Old Rule Book Request

I have an unusual request. I am doing a history of Federation rule changes. I have every rule book and case book going back to 1980 - except for 1997. I am missing both books for that year. I would really like to get copies from anyone willing to part with them. I would be willing to pay well for them. Failing getting the actual books, if you have them but don't want ro part with them, I would settle for photocopies of the rule change pages in each book. Please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks for bearing with me.
Old Tue Oct 23, 2007, 07:48pm
Official Forum Member

Herb, not trying to be an a$$ here, but why are you doing this history of FED rule changes?
Old Thu Oct 25, 2007, 05:42am
Official Forum Member

Mostly to show the futility of many of their rule changes. Like not having the foresight to recognize the effect of the change. For instance, the famous "inadvertent appeal" after the appeal rule was changed several years ago. There are many others that are in effect for a year or so, and then rescinded.
Old Thu Oct 25, 2007, 10:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxUmp
Mostly to show the futility of many of their rule changes. Like not having the foresight to recognize the effect of the change. For instance, the famous "inadvertent appeal" after the appeal rule was changed several years ago. There are many others that are in effect for a year or so, and then rescinded.
Show to whom?
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 06:00am
Official Forum Member

Anyone who cares about the HS rules. I am writing an article for the paid site, if anyone cares to follow me there.
Old Sat Oct 27, 2007, 12:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I think it's a good idea.

I have an old book called "Baseball Rules in Pictures" from 1957. It's a fun book.

Rita
Old Sat Oct 27, 2007, 12:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C
I think it's a good idea.

I have an old book called "Baseball Rules in Pictures" from 1957. It's a fun book.

Rita
I had the same book when I was a kid. I used to love that book. One thing I remember is where it showed how an umpire should never give away an appeal play. The illustrations were a hoot!

I haven't seen it in years, as my parents tossed it out when I went into the army, along with those pesky baseball cards that turned out to be worth a small fortune.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sat Oct 27, 2007, 12:57am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Good for you, best of luck.