The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 29, 2002, 02:31am
Official Forum Member

OK, I'm the new guy. I've been reading this site for nearly a year. Yea, I'm hooked. Finally decided to plunk down the cash to read the private, secret stuff. For those of you who are wondering, it's worth it. I am a member of the group that remembers Eisenhower and went to a Kennedy for President Ralley (still to young and idealistic to vote). Therefore, I wasn't conceived with automatic computer bits and bites crammed into my genes. At least that's what I use for an excuse.

I need help. In fact, that's why 99% of us of are here. I seldom have time to actually sit down and read this stuff with the detail it takes, so I print the secret stuff for later review(usually works quite well), and read as many of the posts, threads and rebuttal as possible. I find myself regulaly wondering which articles I've actually read/printed.

Does anyone have a way to mark items "read / printed / disregard" etc?

Is there a way to receive all new posts or articles as e-mail so that I can sort or more easily store them?

Is there a place on this site that actually gives helpful hints as to how to more efficiently move around, and figure out simple basic things that my kids were born with?

Regarding the secret stuff; it is frustrating to receive part 1 of 4 and have to put it all together 2,3,4 weeks later. It's not like a magazine where you have to hold part 2 in order to sell the next issue. We've already paid. Is there a way to easily compile these individual temptations into a single story?

Carl, just got 2002 BRD. WOW! Thanks.

[Edited by BlueGhost_Scout on Jan 29th, 2002 at 01:37 AM]
Old Tue Jan 29, 2002, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Ump20
Cut 'n Paste

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGhost_Scout
OK, I'm the new guy. I've been reading this site for nearly a year. Yea, I'm hooked. Finally decided to plunk down the cash to read the private, secret stuff. For those of you who are wondering, it's worth it. I am a member of the group that remembers Eisenhower and went to a Kennedy for President Ralley (still to young and idealistic to vote). Therefore, I wasn't conceived with automatic computer bits and bites crammed into my genes. At least that's what I use for an excuse.

I need help. In fact, that's why 99% of us of are here. I seldom have time to actually sit down and read this stuff with the detail it takes, so I print the secret stuff for later review(usually works quite well), and read as many of the posts, threads and rebuttal as possible. I find myself regulaly wondering which articles I've actually read/printed.

Does anyone have a way to mark items "read / printed / disregard" etc?

Is there a way to receive all new posts or articles as e-mail so that I can sort or more easily store them?

Is there a place on this site that actually gives helpful hints as to how to more efficiently move around, and figure out simple basic things that my kids were born with?

Regarding the secret stuff; it is frustrating to receive part 1 of 4 and have to put it all together 2,3,4 weeks later. It's not like a magazine where you have to hold part 2 in order to sell the next issue. We've already paid. Is there a way to easily compile these individual temptations into a single story?

Carl, just got 2002 BRD. WOW! Thanks.

[Edited by BlueGhost_Scout on Jan 29th, 2002 at 01:37 AM]
This particular site does not have as much traffic as some of the other LISTSERVS and Boards i.e. BaseballUmpires or McGriffs but it does seem pretty easy to navigate. If you post to a thread you have the option of receiving e-mail notification when someone else responds. There is an FAQ section above that I believe provides some navigation hints and use of Bolding etc. If you find articles of interest you can use your PC's Edit function to cut and paste and save it in the documents section on your "C" drive. I also make certain to note the date and the author. It is important to credit your sources (or else be charged with plagarism). The hard part is to know who an "authority" is. I feel pretty comfortable with who I belive they are but I'll let you decide for yourself.