The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Sep 08, 2007, 04:27am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Smile Enjoy

http://tinyurl.com/2h34b9
Old Sat Sep 08, 2007, 05:56pm
In Memoriam

Smile

Nice !
Thanks.
Old Sat Sep 08, 2007, 10:59pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
More of same

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=41332
Old Sat Sep 08, 2007, 11:14pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitump56
I really enjoy those.
Do you know if some of the players were ambi-handed or do you suppose the negatives were printed rear-end-to ?
Old Sun Sep 09, 2007, 10:01pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
I really enjoy those.
Do you know if some of the players were ambi-handed or do you suppose the negatives were printed rear-end-to ?
A few were but I think it's more the negatives as you say I love the mitts in the back pockets, the catcher's half squats. These were the pictures I grew up looking at, the 20's and 30's mainly. Hearing my father talk about Hornsby, Cobb (Boss' great uncle was one of the few ballplayers at Cobb's funeral, a pallbearer, ex-roommate in Sally League), Wagner, Foxx, Ruth...he lived in Boston, NYC, St. Louis and used to run cokes, shine shoes, got to mingle with both clubhouses for three or four years.