The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Eagle Eye in the LLWS (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/37819-eagle-eye-llws.html)

SanDiegoSteve Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:02pm

Eagle Eye in the LLWS

Rodney, you looked really good at first base today! Great call on the check-swing!

They did a focus on you late in the game, telling us about your experience from last year. Congratulations on your assignment for this year!:cool:

Mountaineer Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:06pm

Yeah, lots of face time and Brent Musburger telling your "interesting" story. A treasure for the rest of your life for sure. Good job!

waltjp Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:07pm

Not only face time and Brent's story but his name plastered all over the screen and some talk about 'those eyes'!

Nice job. Congrats.

EAGLE EYE Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:32pm

thanks

I really appreciate the comments.

I was very nervous for the first inning and half, but when the crowd started chanting USA, USA, USA.....I got chills and was able to settle down and have fun. The Japan kids were some of the most polite and all around fine young men you could want to meet.

I am aware that some of you all are the best of them out there, and I appreciate your comments.

Thanks and drinks on me.......if we ever meet.

Eagle Eye......aka Rodney Picard

PS Thanks Jeremy Sparling for the support

fitump56 Mon Aug 27, 2007 04:18am

You lookd great, sharp, prepared. A tribute to all of us.

sargee7 Mon Aug 27, 2007 07:54am

Congrats on a job well done

mick Mon Aug 27, 2007 08:07am

Attaboy, EAGLE EYE !

Jim Porter Mon Aug 27, 2007 02:52pm

Excellent work Rodney, and again -- congratulations!

ManInBlue Mon Aug 27, 2007 04:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
Attaboy, EAGLE EYE !

What he said. I don't know how to say it any better.

kylejt Mon Aug 27, 2007 06:11pm

Way not to suck, Kid!

aceholleran Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:28pm

Crew in general did a nice job. Congrats.

Ace
D2, CT

mick Tue Aug 28, 2007 01:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceholleran
Crew in general did a nice job. Congrats.

Ace
D2, CT

When David Thom [U3] sold a call, he was so convincing that I almost got up and went to the dugout. :)

tjones1 Tue Aug 28, 2007 01:48pm

Congrats!!

SanDiegoSteve Tue Aug 28, 2007 03:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
When David Thom [U3] sold a call, he was so convincing that I almost got up and went to the dugout. :)

Yes, he certainly did nail that banger at 3rd! Great timing and flawless execution of mechanics.

Al Tue Aug 28, 2007 04:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Yes, he certainly did nail that banger at 3rd! Great timing and flawless execution of mechanics.

That was one of the best looking call mechanics I've seen all year. Making the correct call, of course, is what counts most of all, but I'll tell ya some of the officials (especially in softball) moved like wind-up Robot toys and quickly became annoying to look at. :eek: ..Al