Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
I looked all over the Baseball Ontario website and found nothing about a 30 minute rule.
Hmm, took me about 30 seconds to find it

http://www.baseballontario.com/Const...stitution.html
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I looked all over the Baseball Ontario website and found nothing about a 30 minute rule.
Why does that not surprise me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjp
Hmm, took me about 30 seconds to find it
Why does that not surprise me?

Last edited by GarthB; Fri Aug 24, 2007 at 06:30pm.
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowder
1) if you see a BOLT, it's close enough to stop things. Period. (Heat lightning is something different,
No it's not. There is no such thing as "heat lightning." What you mistakenly refer to as "heat lightning" is nothing but bolts of lightning hidden behind the clouds. What you see is the reflection of the light from such bolts. They are no less dangerous than bolts that are visible.

Do people realize how far lightning can travel? Case in point: Several years ago in an American Legion level game on a bright, sunny day, a second baseman in a north Chicago suburb was struck and killed by a lightning bolt that came from a cumulonimbus cloud 17 miles away. There were no clouds over or near the ball park. This lone thunderhead generated the lightning that killed this young man and seriously injured his friend, the first baseman.
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 05:26pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Why does that not surpirse me?

Why does that not surpise me?
Is this a multiple choice question?
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 06:51pm
Is this a legal title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Is that near Gregory?
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 09:22pm
Official Forum Member

Jurassic Troll wrote:
Thank you for enlightning us.

He contributed more than you ever have! And yes I get the pun. Good one.

Also, I am going to point out a rule that SDS, Garth, mbcrowder, SAump and ptmac are unaware of:

3.10 c:
The umpire-in-chief shall be the sole judge as to whether and when play shall be suspended during a game because of unsuitable weather conditions or the unfit condition of the playing field; as to whether and when the play shall be resumed after such suspension; and as to whether and when a game shall be terminated after such suspension. He shall not call the game until at least thirty minutes after he has suspended play. He may continue the suspension as long as he believes there is any chance to resume play.

They believed that the base umpire has a say in whether or not a game should be suspended due to inclimate weather, but they were ignorant to the rule book in this case.

Last edited by canadaump6; Fri Aug 24, 2007 at 09:25pm.
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 09:34pm
In Memoriam

Exclamation

Quote:
Jurassic Troll wrote:
Thank you for enlightning us.

He contributed more than you ever have! And yes I get the pun. Good one.

Also, I am going to point out a rule that SDS, Garth, mbcrowder, SAump and ptmac are unaware of:

3.10 c:
The umpire-in-chief shall be the sole judge as to whether and when play shall be suspended during a game because of unsuitable weather conditions or the unfit condition of the playing field; as to whether and when the play shall be resumed after such suspension; and as to whether and when a game shall be terminated after such suspension. He shall not call the game until at least thirty minutes after he has suspended play. He may continue the suspension as long as he believes there is any chance to resume play.

They believed that the base umpire has a say in whether or not a game should be suspended due to inclimate weather, but they were ignorant to the rule book in this case.
You are reading the rule book but missing the acceptable practices, procedures and nuances of baseball. The users you list do know everything you know but their knowledge is not limited to your one weakly written book.
The rule book is not to be taken so literally as you think. It is only a small part of the story.
Pick your fights wisely. This thread is locked.

Last edited by mick; Fri Aug 24, 2007 at 09:36pm.
Closed Thread