The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Aug 19, 2007, 09:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Did you see this?

I cannot believe what I just saw! Watching the LLWS Curacao v. Saudi Arabia . . . Curacao has bases loaded, one out. Batter pops up in shallow CF and F4 makes a great play - with an awesome slide to catch the ball over his head. Runner on 3rd tags and comes home. Saudi Arabia tried to appeal the runner leaving early but F5 did not step on the bag. Then it happened - the umpire pointed to the bag and it appeared he told the fielder to step on the bag because the F5 stepped on the bag, received the throw from F1 and the 3BU rang him up!!! I am flabbergasted. No, I can't say for sure what he said - but it was obvious he offered help. Then to make matters worse, replay showed that the runner was solidly on the bag at the time of the catch (touch).

OUCH!

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.
Old Sun Aug 19, 2007, 09:32pm

There have been some brutal calls in this LLWS, for sure. There was a ball hit down the right field line in a game this morning that landed right smack dab on the line, and then kicked right. The RF umpire, not 15 feet away, called it foul. The announcers had to bite their tongues, but you could tell they wanted to denounce the call.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sun Aug 19, 2007, 09:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
There have been some brutal calls in this LLWS, for sure. There was a ball hit down the right field line in a game this morning that landed right smack dab on the line, and then kicked right. The RF umpire, not 15 feet away, called it foul. The announcers had to bite their tongues, but you could tell they wanted to denounce the call.
To be fair about that call, the umpire was right there. I agree it looked like the ball hit the line, but there was not an angle that was conclusive. I have an HDTV, but there was not an angle that showed for sure. It is very possible it missed the line by millimeters, but he was in a better position to call this than anyone watching the TV was.

Peace
Old Sun Aug 19, 2007, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
They did denounce the one tonight - I saw the one this morning too and like Rut, gave the umpire the benefit since he was ON the line. If he missed that one then he's got more problems than we can discuss here!

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.

Last edited by Mountaineer; Mon Aug 20, 2007 at 08:14am.
Old Sun Aug 19, 2007, 10:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
The did denounce the one tonight - I saw the one this morning too and like Rut, gave the umpire the benefit since he was ON the line. If he missed that one then he's got more problems than we can discuss here!
Exactly.

Peace