The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jun 24, 2007, 01:42pm
Official Forum Member

Silver lightweight mask

Hey Blues,
I will be replacing my mask soon and I was wondering if anyone knows who the manufacturer is of the silver lightweight single bar mask a lot of the pro catchers are wearing. I like the look with black pads. Thanks in advance.
Old Sun Jun 24, 2007, 01:49pm

Nike (edited to remove large image)
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25

Last edited by bob jenkins; Mon Jun 25, 2007 at 08:01am.
Old Tue Jun 26, 2007, 02:39pm
Official Forum Member

I have done exhaustive web search for the silver light weight mask by Nike and I come up empty. Does anyone know of a supplier of Nike equipment including this mask? Thanks in advance.
Old Tue Jun 26, 2007, 06:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klokard
I have done exhaustive web search for the silver light weight mask by Nike and I come up empty. Does anyone know of a supplier of Nike equipment including this mask? Thanks in advance.
I have searched and searched in the past for this item. It is probably only available to pro umpires, someone with connections, or to Tim C.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Wed Jun 27, 2007, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

Sounds right...another forum says that they are available only to NIKE sponsored athletes...
Old Wed Jun 27, 2007, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

"silver" mask with black pads

Is this mask truly "silver" or light grey? BTLOfficialsGear.com
(http://www.btlofficialsgear.com/deta...&category=1375) has a grey Wilson single bar with grey pads that looks nice. I have thought about getting it but cannot justify it this year.
Old Wed Jun 27, 2007, 08:31pm
Official Forum Member

i have that mask from BTLOfficials gear, have both black amara pads and the grey/black synthetic ones, really like the look and i really like the dyna lite mask, i also have a black dyna lite frame, so i can mix and match. the only thing i am disappointed in is i can not get a new grey harness, they do not sell them seperatly.
Old Wed Jun 27, 2007, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

I think +POS has a grey harness. See if this link works. http://www.pluspos.com/product.asp?which=263

Or, you can call Wilson. I did that last year because I wanted a black harness with the MLB patch on the back to match another one I had and they didn't sell it, yet. They sent me one for free with their complements. I see that they now sell the harness with MLB patch at Gerry Davis. I think Wilson listens to its customers. At the time I wore All Wilson or Gerry Davis gear. I now wear a Honig's K-1 CP but I am thinking of trying a WV Gold. Had a platinum and didn't like it. Had an original WV and my son now wears it and won't give it back. I wear black New View mask with black and cream shirts and navy Honig's single bar closeout with navy and powder shirts. I think the grey/silver mask would look good with black plate coat in early season. Maybe even with black shirts at night. What an equipment whore/fashionista I am. I KNOW that I am not alone in my addiction though.
Old Fri Jul 13, 2007, 08:00pm
Official Forum Member

Watching Hirschbeck's crew in Boston this weekend. Diaz (All Star Pads) and Hirschbeck (Wilson pads) use that Nike silver frame. Looks good. Wonder if they are Nike sponsored...