The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Best heckle? (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/33293-best-heckle.html)

voiceoflg Sat Mar 31, 2007 09:40pm

Best heckle?

OK, I know you guys have heard it all. What is the best line of heckling you have heard?

I heard one today that made me laugh. PU made two close fair/foul calls on a JV game today. One was REALLY close, the other not so much. Both calls went against the home team. One guy yells "Hey Blue, I found your cell phone. I know it's yours. It has two missed calls on it."

That's the first time I've heard that one.

What's the best you've heard?

umpduck11 Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:26pm

A guy wanders down the first base side fence, and says to me : " If you're not gonna do your F'ing job, why don't you take your F'ing a$$ home" . That
was probably my favorite.

bossman72 Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:53pm

My favorites are the "attempted" heckles where parents/coaches yell the wrong rule at you.

kylejt Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:07am

www.heckledepot.com has some classics.

"Flip the plate over and read the directions", has been good one for me.

3appleshigh Mon Apr 02, 2007 04:06pm

Hey Ump, If you had to Haul A$$ It'd Take Two Trips !!!

505 ump Mon Apr 02, 2007 05:51pm

basketball heckle

1st year Frosh basketball coach at my 1st game(many, many years ago) the varsity head coach came by at sat on my bench, they had the next game. Ref blew a call and my head coach yelled "you going to quit sucking that whistle and blow it?" Bench technical. He laughed, said sorry and went to locker with his team. We lost by 2

chuckfan1 Mon Apr 02, 2007 06:26pm

......."Hey Blue...shake your head, your eyes are stuck!"

RPatrino Mon Apr 02, 2007 06:33pm

I had the plate at some LL divisional or state final game ( I forget)... between innings it was quiet, and from the stands a voice yells..." Hey Blue, you need some water?" I respond "No thanks, I'm fine"....the voice yells back..." Its not for you, its for your seeing eye dog"......

LLPA13UmpDan Mon Apr 02, 2007 07:15pm

Team A and Team B. Team A batting. After check swing appeal to first, which was ruled a strike, Team A mother stands up from the benches out side the fence near HP and yells "Oh come on, how much money they stuffin' in your pockets?!?". Catcher from Team B turns to me and says "It was that fat lady in the white.":p

BJ Mon Apr 02, 2007 08:05pm

Between innings in Valley League game a few years ago. Fan down the right field line "Hey Blue, I guess you didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

BJ

JJ Mon Apr 02, 2007 08:15pm

At the end of an inning where he'd had an ejection my partner was writing down some relevant notes on his lineup card. A fan yelled, "Yep, write it down - horrible inning"

JJ

soundedlikeastrike Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:36pm

Blue, how can you sleep with all these lights on?

soundedlikeastrike Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:38pm

Hey, blue your wife know your out #$%@%ing this many people?
Only from the adult leagues mind you.:o

soundedlikeastrike Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:39pm

That's okay blue, keep trying...

soundedlikeastrike Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:41pm

Hey blue, you trying to put this guy (usally the pitcher) in the Hall of Fame?