The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

2007 Part 2 Exam

I would like to know if anyone has taken the Part 2 Exam and received the answers.

Before someone gets their panties in a bunch, I already took the test on Monday (March 19) and I wanted to see what score I got. Just about everyone in the State takes the test on the same day. Some of the questions were not very well written and I wanted to see if anyone else had similar problems with a couple of questions.

If you could PM me, that would be even better.

Peace
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....this sounds an awful lot like the same excuse people always use when looking for the answer sheet early. Just be patient and you'll get your results back soon enough showing which questions you missed and why.
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....this sounds an awful lot like the same excuse people always use when looking for the answer sheet early. Just be patient and you'll get your results back soon enough showing which questions you missed and why.
I've been taking the FED test every year for the past 9 years and have never been given my test back. I've also never been told what my score was. Different state I suppose.
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

We always get ours back with correct answers and rule references.
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink

IHSA Handbook--Page 17

Look at page 17 and see what the testing date is for baseball (and all other spring sports).

Peace
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

Those timetables are always subject to change.
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctblu40
I've been taking the FED test every year for the past 9 years and have never been given my test back. I've also never been told what my score was. Different state I suppose.
I have the questions; I do not have the scantron or the confirmed answers. I think I did fine, but I was not sure about a few.
Peace

Last edited by bob jenkins; Tue Mar 20, 2007 at 04:47pm.
Official Forum Member

1st year for this... in TN we take our test online now and get results immediately.

After completing the test, it is graded and the answer sheet opens in a new window. In case of incorrect answers, the rule reference is cited next to the answer.
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Reading is fundamental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
Those timetables are always subject to change.
The 2007-08 is subject to change. The 2006-2007 is kind of hard to change when this is the current year's book.

Anything else you want to know?

Peace
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I have the questions; I do not have the scantron or the confirmed answers. I think I did fine, but I was not sure about a few. W&S is an idiot, just ignore him.

Peace
Wish I could help... I'm taking Part 1 as I type. Will turn it in tonight and never see it again.
Old Wed Mar 21, 2007, 07:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtnblu
1st year for this... in TN we take our test online now and get results immediately.

After completing the test, it is graded and the answer sheet opens in a new window. In case of incorrect answers, the rule reference is cited next to the answer.
Remember, though, our test is not the Fed part two test. There is a pool of questions, and the computer randomly selects questions from that pool for each umpire. While there is a statistical possibility our tests were identical, in all probability, my test was very different from your test.

How did you do? I missed one. It had to do with the authority of the UIC to refuse to allow the dugouts to be extended. I had true, then changed it to false. They said true and cited 10-2-3g. Oh well.
Old Wed Mar 21, 2007, 02:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs up Well I passed.

It looks like I received an 88. I did pass but I did not do as well as I thought I would do. I did not study as hard as I have in the past. Some of these questions were not very clear if you ask me. Oh well, I will not have to take this test anymore.

Thanks to the person that sent me the information. You really helped put my mind at ease for a few days.

Thanks (fill in the blank).

Peace
Old Wed Mar 21, 2007, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
It looks like I received an 88. I did pass but I did not do as well as I thought I would do. I did not study as hard as I have in the past. Some of these questions were not very clear if you ask me. Oh well, I will not have to take this test anymore.

Thanks to the person that sent me the information. You really helped put my mind at ease for a few days.

Thanks (fill in the blank).

Peace
So which did you miss - we can discuss individual questions, right?
Old Wed Mar 21, 2007, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

Fed test

Yes,there are as usuall, 6 or so dumb questions. as always, do nor read anything into the question and you may get a correct answer(50% chance).

Thoes who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it!
Old Wed Mar 21, 2007, 04:01pm
Do not give a damn!!

Talking These are my mistakes.

I missed these questions.

4, 8, 10, 12, 21, 29, 45, 50, 64, 72, 73, 74, 97 (I actually got an 87, noticed one wrong).

#8--I over thought. It is a delayed dead ball when the ball touches and illegal glove or mitt.

#10--This question is the reason I hate these tests. You have to finish a game with at least 2 baseball balls. I took a guess. Either way it goes we are finishing a game with any number of balls that are left.

#12--The Coefficient of Restitution (COR) is .555, not .700. Who cares?

#21--The rule does not say anything about the batter specifically. It only talks about the coach and team representatives going back to the coaching box or bench area.

#29--I just misread the question. It is not an illegal slide goes beyond the base and does not make contact or does not alter the play. I just blew that answer.

#45--The rules word for word states the foul tip going to the catcher's hand and is caught by any fielder is a foul tip. I just read into the question.

#50--"A pitcher may attempt a legal pick-off from both the windup and set position." Now I said True while thinking you can step off the rubber. I could not find any direct language saying this was false. I am still looking.

#64--New rules or clarification here. The head coach is restricted to the dugout if a request for personnel to stay in the coaching box has violated a previous request to do so. It is not an ejection as I thought.

#72--"A runner, who is the only one on base at the time and is attempting to return to second base when the ball becomes lodged in the batter-runner's jersey, will be awarded third base." I said true, but now I see why it was false. (Rule 8-3-3f)

#73--Only the defensive team may appeal a batting order situation at the time of bat. I was thinking either team.

#74--"When no appeal has been made on an improper batter, the next batter shall be the batter whose name follows that of the proper batter who should have been at bat."

#97--"Base umpire collides with a base runner." I said true without thinking of the actual definition of an umpire and runner colliding. It has never happen to me. I made an assumption and was wrong.

Peace