The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Another Room-temp IQ coach (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/27348-another-room-temp-iq-coach.html)

aceholleran Fri Jul 07, 2006 08:56am

Another Room-temp IQ coach

This is softball, but I deem it apropos for this august body.

Coach Ratso for the Scabs has been chirping on balls/strikes for a good 2-3 innings. I am BU; my partner doesn't do anything, so I pass it off. The comments are getting loud enough to where I can hear every word. I put this in the hard drive. Feh.

About an inning later, the Scabs are batting and their R2 flagrantly leaves the base early on the pitch (per the rule, I kill the pitch and bang her out). Ratso happens to be coaching at 3B.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!??" screams Ratso. I am in deep "C."

"THAT'S AN OUT!" I reply, matching his decibel level. Now, this is the only play in LL softball where umps kill the pitch; it just cain't be anythin' else.

Ratso: "WHY IS SHE OUT?"

Me: "RULE 7.13." And I trot back to slot "A."

After the game, an idiot site director asked me why I was so "hard" on Ratso. I said, "I'm not explaining a rule to anyone who isn't nice."

Leaving him ... and my nancy-boy partner, who let Ratso drill his zone for the whole game, I mount my steed and hightail it to the Sons of Sweden for a pint of Stella.

Exeunt.

Ace

Ace

Tim C Fri Jul 07, 2006 09:00am

Hehehe,

Ace:

Welcome back . . . you have been missed.

Regards,

GerryB Fri Jul 07, 2006 09:31am

Last night, men's summer league.
Top of the FIRST, from the dugout comes "both ways blue!"

gsf23 Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:33am

Triple Crown Tourney, 13 and under. FIRST time this town had ever hosted a baseball tourney of any kind. Bottom of first catcher sets up about 7-8 inches off the plate, pitcher hits the glove, I ball it. Catcher sets up in same spot again and again pitcher hits the glove, I ball it again. From the dugout I hear the coach, whose team has never played in that town before, "Man we never get any calls in this town." Made me chuckle.

BigUmp56 Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsf23
.............. pitcher hits the glove, I ball it.

Naw, too easy............:D

Tim.

LMan Fri Jul 07, 2006 01:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigUmp56
Naw, too easy............:D

Tim.

.....never stopped you before :D

SanDiegoSteve Fri Jul 07, 2006 02:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWL
........just another perverted hypocrite:D

Huh?......Hey, Jim Evans, shut your stupid pie hole!

briancurtin Fri Jul 07, 2006 03:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Huh?......Hey, Jim Evans, shut your stupid pie hole!

..........you forgot that the massive elispes go in front. you also forgot the big smiley. :D

edit: nice hiding with the white text. doesnt work in quoted posts though.

SanDiegoSteve Fri Jul 07, 2006 04:16pm

Damn, I knew my poor grammar would eventually get me.:D :D :D :D :D

SanDiegoSteve Fri Jul 07, 2006 05:03pm

Casey's donkey speaks again.

Dave Hensley Fri Jul 07, 2006 06:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GerryB

I had one very similar - I'm BU, top of 1st, leadoff hitter, I have a nutcutter at 1B and I bang the out. From the 3B coaches box: "Aw, c'mon Blue, BE CONSISTENT!"

DG Fri Jul 07, 2006 08:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hensley
I had one very similar - I'm BU, top of 1st, leadoff hitter, I have a nutcutter at 1B and I bang the out. From the 3B coaches box: "Aw, c'mon Blue, BE CONSISTENT!"

Some coaches only know a few phrases and no idea when to appropriately use them.

DG Fri Jul 07, 2006 08:49pm

Quote:

Some coaches only know a few phrases and no idea when to appropriately use them.

mbyron Sat Jul 08, 2006 07:44am

Quote:

I got this in the middle of a game this week. Walked over to the dugout and said calmly: "I just heard someone over here say "both ways, blue." If this individual really believes that I'm cheating, I'd like to discuss it right now. Otherwise, kindly refrain from these accusations."

No response.

It was quiet after that.

RPatrino Sat Jul 08, 2006 01:04pm

Don't you just love it!!

The pitch is right down Broadway, Aunt Myrtle could hit it. Johnny just lets it go right by. Rat yells from 3rd base box, " Not your pitch, Johnny!!".