The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 26, 2006, 12:14am
Official Forum Member

Tamargo

"Durham Bulls manager John Tamargo was suspended indefinitely by the International League on Tuesday for bumping an umpire during the Sunday's 1-0 road win against the Charlotte Knights. Tamargo was ejected in the bottom of the ninth after arguing than a one out single by Charlotte's Jerry Owens was foul. After the ejection, Tamargo bumped the first base umpire several times."

"The suspension of the first-year manager is the second major incident of the year for the bulls. Durham outfielder Delmon Young currently is serving a 50 game suspension for tossing his bat at the home plate umpire after being ejected for arguing a called strikeout during at an April 28 game at Pawtucket."

Apparently, the apple does not fall far from the tree. The question is whether Young learned his behavior from his manager, or vice versa.
Old Fri May 26, 2006, 06:51am
Official Forum Member

I would call neither of them "quality" people. Tamargo is a former big league manager who may be bitter from not getting another shot. He's terrible to work with. Young, though never a problem with me, seems to have lost his mind the last two years. His misbehavior began last year, before Tamargo was even in the D-Rays organization.
Old Fri May 26, 2006, 09:36am

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthe757
I would call neither of them "quality" people. Tamargo is a former big league manager who may be bitter from not getting another shot. He's terrible to work with. Young, though never a problem with me, seems to have lost his mind the last two years. His misbehavior began last year, before Tamargo was even in the D-Rays organization.
What MLB team did he used to manage? I've never heard of the guy. Must not of lasted very long, huh?
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri May 26, 2006, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

I'm not sure what team he managed for. It was on minorleaguebaseball.com early in the season. I do know he was a bench coach for the astros a couple years ago. Last year he was in Brevard of the FSL. Real pain in the butt.
Old Sat May 27, 2006, 12:03am
Official Forum Member

10 game suspension announced today.
Old Sun May 28, 2006, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthe757
This site has all of the MLB managers ever and he is not on it.

Joe
Old Mon May 29, 2006, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

Guess I was wrong. My apologies. He did work as a base coach, though, and he is still a pain in the butt. I'm positive about those two things.