The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 18, 2001, 08:49pm
Official Forum Member

What is the proper position for the PU to be in to call a play at the plate when a runner is scoring from 3rd?
I have been to the left of home plate & admit I sometimes do not get a good look.. So commom sense says go towards the right side, but my instincts always take me to the left. Any suggestions?

Also on a wild pitch & R3 is trying to score & B1 moves out of the box but somehow interfers with F2 is the batter out, or the runner?
Old Fri May 18, 2001, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert G
What is the proper position for the PU to be in to call a play at the plate when a runner is scoring from 3rd?
I have been to the left of home plate & admit I sometimes do not get a good look.. So commom sense says go towards the right side, but my instincts always take me to the left. Any suggestions?
If it's a collision, you want to be to the left. If it's a sweep tag, you want to be to the right.

It takes a long time to learn to read this.

Quote:
Also on a wild pitch & R3 is trying to score & B1 moves out of the box but somehow interfers with F2 is the batter out, or the runner?
With 2 outs, the batter is out. With fewer than two outs, the runner is out.
Old Sat May 19, 2001, 07:32am
Michael Taylor

Start directly behind the plate the move to the left in first base extended for most calls, slide plays, etc. Move to the right in third base extended for swipe tags standing or sliding. Stay in the center position until you can get a good read on what type of play you're going to have then it's a step or two in either direction.